Complaint Review: CTA Travel

• Reported By: vickimleot — Fort Myers Florida United States of America
CTA Travel
Tampa, Florida United States of America

CTA Travel Would not issue refund for medical reasons Tampa, Florida

On March 1,2012 we purchased a membership with CTA Travel. On March 14, 2012 We were informed that my wife needed back surgery and since we are both in our 70s, the Dr. informed us that we may not be able to travel

I immediately contacted CTA and asked them to cancel our membership and told them the reason for the cancellation. I offered to provide documentation. They refused because it was 11 days past the time for cancellation. I then called the credit card company and they indicated that it sounded like a valid reason for cancellation.

After a few weeks, I was notified by the credit card company to contact CTA. I called three times and got voicemail. They never returned my call. I finally got an e-mail from them to contact the credit card company. I did and they said CTA was just passing the buck and had no intention of issuing a refund. Once again I offered documentation. It was 11 days after the cancellation period in the fine print, but I had cost them nothing. I had used nothing. If they need $2500 that badly, are they a solvent company? There are numerous complaints against this company and now I know why.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2012 08:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CTA-Travel/Tampa-Florida-33607/CTA-Travel-Would-not-issue-refund-for-medical-reasons-Tampa-Florida-891506. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CTA Travel