Complaint Review: CTIPhonecallC

CTIPhonecallC
6242 Desert Inn Road Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

CTIPhonecallC Custom Teleconnect Inc. Collect call ripoff Las Vegas , Nevada

*Consumer Comment: Typical.

*Consumer Suggestion: Try this!!

On Sunday Dec 26th @ 3:57 pm my Daughter called me collect from a payphone, there wasn't any recording that stated the rates or anything so I accepted the call. We spoke for 4:54 minutes. I received charges on my debit card for two different amounts 1@ $16.59 and the other $20.14, total charges $36.73. That works out to be over $8.09 per minute. This seems to be a scam

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2010 09:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CTIPhonecallC/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89146/CTIPhonecallC-Custom-Teleconnect-Inc-Collect-call-ripoff-Las-Vegas-Nevada-675766. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CTIPhonecallC

Typical.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

With the advent of cell phones, pay phones are becoming rare and expensive. Most are individually owned and the charges for long distance calls (especially collect calls) are ridiculously high. Basically, a pay phone needs to make its revenue on a small fraction of the calls made in the past. As such, just about every payphone will gouge the payer on a collect call. Personally, the only time I would consider using a payphone is in an emergency.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Try this!!

AUTHOR: Nc - (U.S.A.)

I had this happen to me when my brother called me. I looked up and called the company and they agreed to take of 1/2 the charges. I figured it was better than nothing.

Hope this helps.