Complaint Review: CVS (BayPines)

• Submitted: Sun, August 19, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, August 19, 2012

• Reported By: CVS PLAYING GOD — St. Petersburg Florida United States of America
CVS (BayPines)
8275 Bay Pines Blvd St. Petersburg, Florida United States of America

CVS (BayPines) Revecca Quarles Since when did Pharmacist surpass our Doctor's. Who gives them the right To pick which patient is in more pain than another after 2 years of getting my scripts filled there I was dropped. St. Petersburg, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Where have you been living the past few months

*Consumer Comment: Here's a link to the state of Florida's new law concerning..

I have been with the same pain management center since 2000.  I was very happy with them and always felt that they had my best interest at heart.  Over a year ago I went the the BayPines CVS and never had a problem getting my scripts filled.  I was treated kindly and the service was on a first name basis.

After interning from June 2008 - July 2011 Rebecca Quarles became a Pharmacist at the BayPines, FL location.  In March of 2012 she replaced the existing Pharmacist.  April was the last month I received one of my medications.  Rebecca had told me I would have to switch away from my 12 year pain management Dr. (due to the fact he was in the next county.)  I was also told that I needed to lower my quanity of my medications, or they would not be filled.  She also gave me a list of Dr's in my county NOT to go to.  I had many conversations with her about this situation and it feel on deaf ears.  I guess that what I get for having a former High School teacher now a Pharmacist.

Concerned for my situation, I contacted her supervisor.  I was told I would need to drive around to other CVS stores to try to have my scripts filled.  WHY?  I was a loyal customer and I was under a Pain Management Contract to use one Pharmacy.  After contacting her supervisor things just got worse.  I was forced to only get partial scripts, the first month I received 12 tablets out of 150 and the second month I received 69 out of 150.

While I was waiting another patient who had come in after me received his whole script of the very same medication.  WHY???  She kept saying the DEA was coming down on Pharmacies.  So, who decided which one of us patients would no longer receive our medication?  I drove for 5 days to every CVS and they told me to go back to BayPines, Fl location, because that is where I had been getting my medication.

I have since changed DR's, got my counts cut back and still they will not fill for me.  I am a chronic pain patient and I cannot just come off of these medications.  I've been looking for laws that protect patients in these cases and I have not come up with any luck.  If anyone out there knows of any Laws that may protect me, please reply.

I am a 41 year old woman and I am urge anyone thinking of using any CVS, NOT TO.  As far as new pharmacist go, I believe they should be closely monitered, because they are not GOD and I believe their licences should be under review.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and I would love to hear any feed back, good or bad.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2012 12:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CVS-BayPines/St-Petersburg-Florida-33709/CVS-BayPines-Revecca-Quarles-Since-when-did-Pharmacist-surpass-our-Doctors-Who-gives-929458. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CVS (BayPines)

Where have you been living the past few months

AUTHOR: Steven - (U.S.A.)

All pharmacies in the state of Florida have been impacted by DEA and FDA limitations on pain pills not just CVS. I am sure if you check out all the pharmacies on ROR you will see similar complaints as well.

" Rebecca had told me I would have to switch away from my 12 year pain management Dr. (due to the fact he was in the next county.)  I was also told that I needed to lower my quanity of my medications, or they would not be filled.  She also gave me a list of Dr's in my county NOT to go to.  I had many conversations with her about this situation and it feel on deaf ears.  I guess that what I get for having a former High School teacher now a Pharmacist. "

How far over is the next county? Is it 5 miles or 50? Are there any pharmacies located in the county where you doctor is that can fill the prescription? You can stop off and fill it on the same day as your appointment.

As far as the medication goes you failed to mention what you are taking since that makes a difference since pills with higher dosages of  Oxycotin (as an example) are in fact being taken off store shelves since the companies making them have in fact been ordered to stop making those pills. You should probably check with your doctor about maybe changing your medication or maybe investigate ordering them through the mail (if your insurance allows it).

"Concerned for my situation, I contacted her supervisor.  I was told I would need to drive around to other CVS stores to try to have my scripts filled.  WHY?  I was a loyal customer and I was under a Pain Management Contract to use one Pharmacy.  After contacting her supervisor things just got worse.  I was forced to only get partial scripts, the first month I received 12 tablets out of 150 and the second month I received 69 out of 150. "

I don't know if you realize this or not but pharmacies have had the number of pain pills they have on hand cut in half (if not more). Pharmacist have the unpopular choices of either filling all the prescriptions in whole until the pills run out or in your case partially filling the prescription for as many people as they can until they next their next delivery.

"While I was waiting another patient who had come in after me received his whole script of the very same medication.  WHY???"

Were you standing there the whole time and confirm with the patient that he was getting the same exact medication in the same dose or maybe they have a doctor within the county.

The state of Florida is cracking down because the Federal Government is cracking down on them since Florida has the reputation of being so slack on pain management pills.

Here's a link to the state of Florida's new law concerning..

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

dispensing of narcotics. Guess you missed this...it's likely what's affecting CVS and ALL other pharmacies in Florida. You really should read it before apologizing to the pharmacist(s).