Complaint Review: CVS Pharmacy

• Updated: Fri, December 10, 2010

• Reported By: Susan — Icard North Carolina United States of America
CVS Pharmacy
200 HWY 70-A East Hildebran, North Carolina United States of America

CVS Pharmacy Humiliated, Embarassed, and Belittled Me In Front Of Several Customers and Employees at their location in Hildebran, North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: There is ALWAYS "more to the story"...but

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: I want to say that my experience with the manager

*Consumer Comment: I agree with Ramjet

*Consumer Comment: More to the story

*Consumer Suggestion: Call CVS corporate and file a complaint.

I want to say that my experience with the manager at the CVS Pharmacy was the most humiliating, embarrassing, and belittling public situation that I have ever endured. On December 7 2010 I went inside CVS Pharmacy in Hildebran, NC just like I have been doing now for the last 7 years. Usually I would go to the drive thru to pick up my medication, but there were a couple items I needed so I thought I would do a little shopping(God knows with their prices a person on a budget can't buy much at CVS).

It seemed as though everyone was glaring at me from the minute I walked in, but me being bi polar and being a person who has suffered anxiety attacks for the past 15 years, I thought I was just being paranoid. Of course the first thing I see when I walk in CVS is the cosmetic ailse. I got one of the carry along baskets besides getting a cart. Well I looked at all the make up and then some perfume caught my eye. I admit I took the small bottle of this perfume out of it's pack just so that I could smell it. This small bottle was $9. Then a gift set caught my eye. This gift set was only $5 more and the bottle of perfume was alot bigger.

Well to make a long story short, the manager approaches me. Every ailse he kept following me until I finally turned to him and said "Wow could you tell me if there is a problem?" And he replied, "Yes there is a problem, it's you, you need to leave this store. At this point I'm just standing there looking confused. I really didn't know what I had done wrong. The manager is getting really rude and continues to yell at me about getting out. Finally I am asked why that litttle bottle of perfume was not in it's package and before I could say that I just wanted to smell it this manager brushes into me with his big belly like he was pushing me.

First of all this manager is a man. He shouldn't be bullying a customer even if they are being accused of shop lifting. He has no right touching a customer, this kind of behavior from a manager is not tolerated. So in front of all the customers and employees of CVS here is the manager yelling at me to get out and that I best not ever come in that store again that he will have me arrested.

I guess I thought that a person who shop lifts goes into a store and tries to conceal merchandise in their pocket or pocket book with hopes they do not have to pay for these goods. But I didn't do anything like that. They didn't ask to see in my pocket book. This manager screams at me and humiliates me because I wanted to smell a certain kind of perfume before buying it. It just blows my mind to think at any given moment, a person like this manager is, can just embarrass and belittle a customer and there wasn't anything I could do but just leave. I feel like I need a chance to know my rights as a consumer and find out if what this manager did to me is appropriate.

If anyone has any opions on this please respond.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2010 09:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CVS-Pharmacy/Hildebran-North-Carolina-28637/CVS-Pharmacy-Humiliated-Embarassed-and-Belittled-Me-In-Front-Of-Several-Customers-and-E-669649. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CVS Pharmacy

There is ALWAYS "more to the story"...but

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

There is always more to the story on any issue.

But until we hear from the other side, we have to run with what we know.

And, if she doesn't file the complaints and follow up on this, that proves that she had some wrongdoing in the mix here.

Maybe she should have refilled her meds BEFORE "shopping".

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

I want to say that my experience with the manager

AUTHOR: ssnwtlove - (United States of America)

say nothing, we just need more hard to work
www.bagswatches.net  www.watchesp.com

I agree with Ramjet

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

There is more to this story than is being told.

More to the story

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

I expect there may well be more to this story that we are not hearing.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

Call CVS corporate and file a complaint.

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

The first thing I would do now is file a complaint, in writing with CVS corporate. Be sure to indicate that you felt the contact was of a sexual nature.

In your position, what I would have done at the time was to call the police and file an assault complaint. State laws vary, but here in FL, that contact with you by that manager would be considered assault. Be creative, claim sexual assault and get the jerk fired.

Then, I bet CVS kisses your a*s.