Complaint Review: CWA - Consolidated Workers Associates

• Submitted: Thu, November 20, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, November 20, 2008

• Reported By:Richmond Virginia
CWA - Consolidated Workers Associates
Po Box 2647 Chino Hills, California U.S.A.

CWA - Consolidated Workers Associates Beware of Fake Insurance Chino Hills California

Please beware of flyers that come to your office or workplace that talks about low cost medical insurance. My wife is a nurse and her work received a flyer about low cost insurance. I call the number on the flyer and they said they were affilated with Athem Insurance and that BeechStreet proceed their claims. I went to the Beechstreet web site and found that it was an real insurance company. This was in May of 2008.

I asked about benifits and they said they covered most items after a co-pay. I also ask about prescriptions since my wife and I take several and they said it would be a $10/$20/$40 co-pay for the different tiers. They also said there was no maxium for the year or the policy.

The first time we used the RX program they only paid a discount amount. We have started to receive bills for non-payment by the insurance company. I went back to Beechstreet web site and they now have a discliamer saying they are not connected with CWA in any matter or form.

We are out several hundrets of dollars. I called their number and they did answer but said we were cancelled for non-payment. We asked about a refund but they said we did not have the right to any refund and no claims will be paid. The problem is I am a Cancer paitent and require several visits a month to the doctors and my wife needs to have surgery soon.

We are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Jon
Richmond, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2008 08:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CWA-Consolidated-Workers-Associates/Chino-Hills-California-91709/CWA-Consolidated-Workers-Associates-Beware-of-Fake-Insurance-Chino-Hills-California-393191. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CWA - Consolidated Workers Associates