Complaint Review: CYMAX - DO NOT Buy From Them. In Vancouver Canada

• Updated: Wed, September 19, 2012

• Reported By:Cincinnati Ohio
CYMAX - DO NOT Buy From Them. In Vancouver Canada
Vancouver BC CANADA Internet Canada

CYMAX - DO NOT Buy From Them. In Vancouver Canada Different Laws Purchased a desk 12/1/08 was suppose to be deliivered by 12/15 then 12/18 - 12/25 Vancouver, BC CANADA Internet

*Consumer Comment: LAST REBUTTAL WRITTEN BY CYMAX

*Consumer Comment: Cymax is not a ripoff

They are a rip-off. Ordered 12/1/08 told ship by 12/15/08. Didn't arrive. Checked again - delivery 12/18 - 12/25. Now it's estimated delivery is 12/30 - 1/30/09. Called and computer generated voice said "they were overloaded with phone calls" and to leave my name and phone number and they would return my call. Transferred to the answering machine and it said "mail box full" and disconnected me. I tried several times and gave up. The next day I called and it prompted me to go to the customer service department. Rang forever and never answered. I can't ask for a refund b/c my order is supposedly "in progress" and I will have to pay return shipping charges which could be more than my initial investment of $249.00. This company DOES NOT care about their customers at all. DO NOT buy from them. They are a rip-off who is laughing all the way to the bank. In their fine print it says you give up US laws. You have to go to court in British Columbia, CANADA. They are just a web store front and places your order through different suppliers.

Kim
Cincinnati, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2008 11:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CYMAX-DO-NOT-Buy-From-Them-In-Vancouver-Canada/internet/CYMAX-DO-NOT-Buy-From-Them-In-Vancouver-Canada-Different-Laws-Purchased-a-desk-12108-404319. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CYMAX - DO NOT Buy From Them. In Vancouver Canada

LAST REBUTTAL WRITTEN BY CYMAX

AUTHOR: Sherry - (U.S.A.)

Well Mr. or Ms. Cymax owner or employee.  Your the idiot if you think we believe your rebuttal. THIRTY TWO complaints listed at this website and more at others can't all be wrong.  If you got what you paid for and it arrived undamaged YOU are one of the very few lucky ones.  THE CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSONNEL ARE WORTHLESS.  There is essentially NO customer service just a front and many canned email responses.

Cymax is not a ripoff

AUTHOR: Jules Jorgenson - (U.S.A.)

I ordered two Kathy Ireland Mission Hills writing/computer desks from Cymax in the beginning of December. I was told up front that deliver will be between 10 to 15 days.

Before placing my order, I checked with various consumer protection websites, and sure enough there were complaints against Cymax. However, when I read the complaints, I saw that many of them had no basis, and in at least one case the consumer was a perfect idiot (ordered furniture to be delivered to an address where he didn't live yet, was pissed off because the delivery was rejected by the current tenant, and even blamed Cymax when his own email program put Cymax's communications in the spam folder). To make a long story short, I decided to ignore all the baseless whining and order the desks any way.

In the end, I got a great price with free shipping, and the desks arrived on time and in perfect condition.

I can definitely say that Cymax is not a ripoff.