Complaint Review: Cabelas Visa

• Submitted: Thu, January 29, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, October 26, 2010

• Reported By:Belle Plaine Minnesota
Cabelas Visa
PO BOX 82609 Lincoln, Nebraska U.S.A.

Cabelas Visa Collection Calls Illegal Lincoln Nebraska

*General Comment: This is a third party

*Consumer Comment: You're wrong.

Day after day now for the last 8 months or more, we have calls from Lauren, Jennifer, Kathy and etc from Cabelas Visa. We have sent numerous letters for them to cease and desist. They call our family, our friends and now our cell phones. Under Art. 805 of the Fair Debt Coll. Practice Act passed by our Govt. This is illegal. But they think it doesnt apply to them. IT DOES. It applies to 3rd party collectors and original debtors as stated on page one. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY. SOMEOHOW, we will find the money to sue them now. We have all our evidence with postal certified mail attached.

Wangy
Belle Plaine, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2009 02:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cabelas-Visa/Lincoln-Nebraska-68501/Cabelas-Visa-Collection-Calls-Illegal-Lincoln-Nebraska-417833. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cabelas Visa

#1 General Comment

This is a third party

AUTHOR: Thomas - (U.S.A.)

I got the same call today and was not able to answer.

I know I dont have a cabelas visa so I figured I would call Its a collection agency The girl answered so fast I could not get the name. and yes the FCA. does apply here.

You're wrong.

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

It DOES NOT apply to original creditors - which is who this is.
ONLY 3rd party collectors.