Complaint Review: Cabelas

• Updated: Wed, June 12, 2013

• Reported By: CABELAS RAPED ME — LONGMONT Colorado
Cabelas
Internet USA

Cabelas Cabelas shorted my product via FALSE ADVERTISING then told me to "F" off afterward  Internet

*Consumer Comment: Give us all a break.

I ordered two of their 8-pound containers of rifle powder. The picture shows the 8-pound container and the picture also shows rifle powder. I had to pay a special hazard fee and had to wait additional shipping time. When the product arrived, I noticed the box was way too small for what I ordered. I open it up and have two small containers of shotgun powder(not rifle powder that I had ordered). And the two containers are only 14 ounces each.

I called customer service and the best they could do was offer me a gift card for the hazard fee and told me to try to find someone in my area that would buy the incorrect merchandise from me! WOW! I haven't been treated like this before at Cabela's.  I was also told that the 8 pound container isn't available and it must have been a web error. I was told that there is a chart below this and I must have selected the wrong item on the chart. I don't even remember there being any charts present when I placed my order.

I am really upset, I've shopped with Cabela's a long time. The closest Cabelas to us is over 3 hours away and my wife and I driven that far on Saturdays just to go to Cabelas sometimes. We are dedicated Cabelas customers.

Customer service helped none at first. Then they refunded me the amount I paid. The problem is that they advertised a certain quantity of product at a certain price, now cant deliver it and said its not available.

After the refund, I still wasn't satisfied, I originally asked for my original order (the 16 pounds of rifle powder) (which I already ordered and paid for) at no additional cost. I didn't care if I received 16 different packages of the 1 pound quantity (sense supposedly the item on their website doesn't exist) just so I got what I ordered. But after they ignored me and blew me off, I just asked for 2. Just 2 pounds of rifle powder for free. No response.

I know that there are two new stores being opened in the Denver area soon where we live(and we are very excited about going to them both.  I will not step foot in either store and my business will be fully spent at BassProShops.

Unhappy and I feel consumer-raped by Cabelas.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2013 03:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cabelas/internet/Cabelas-Cabelas-shorted-my-product-via-FALSE-ADVERTISING-then-told-me-to-F-off-afterwar-1058683. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cabelas

Give us all a break.

AUTHOR: Knightly - ()

You think you ordered an item that they don't even sell.    You should probably refrain from drinking while ordering things online.

The gave you a full refund and you're crying rape.    I suggest you grow a pair, princess.