Complaint Review: Cabelas

• Reported By:PHOENIX Arizona
Cabelas
cabelas.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Cabelas Try and Sign you up to Cabelas Shopper Rewards Glendale Arizona

*UPDATE Employee: A little confused...

*Author of original report: Cabelas Glendale,AZ.

While trying to check out buying some Xmas presents the checkout person was trying to discourge me from using my Charge Card and instead apply for this Cabelas Rewards Card. I at first was leery because I didn't want any Hard Inquiries on my Report. I asked what agency they would check, and they replied Equifax. I also disclosed before they proceeded further that I had a BK in 2002 and would that disqualify me. The response, was No, that as long as your payment history has been fine since then it's so old that it shouldn't matter. They Declined me due to a BK which they lied and they also gave me a Hard Inquiry on Transunion as well.

Needless to say I did not purchase the items using my own card and I filed a complaint with FTC and the BBB because of their deceptive practices. I could have simply just bought the items and been on my way. But now, I'm going to make sure these theives are well known for their scummy business practices. I sure hope they fall prey to this recession!

Fred
PHOENIX, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2008 05:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cabelas/nationwide/Cabelas-Try-and-Sign-you-up-to-Cabelas-Shopper-Rewards-Glendale-Arizona-406416. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cabelas

A little confused...

AUTHOR: Age - (U.S.A.)

Okay, you said you had the charge card already, then why did you need a rewards card in the first place? You already get the points when using the credit card.

The next thing I'm confused about is that they offered to get you the rewards card (which is NOT a charge card, just a points earning mechanism similar to many other stores) and check your credit? That doesn't make sense at all. A rewards card does not require a credit check.

And why do you feel you were ripped off? A close-to-minimum wage employee referred you to a card and gave you financial advice (which they probably shouldn't have the way they did according to you) and you want to be mad at the whole company?

Don't get me wrong, man, it's not the "Honest Abe" of companies, but something about your story just doesn't add up. You get those rewards with the charge card, the rewards card is just a way of earning those same points without the charge.

Maybe I'm missing something in your story?

Cabelas Glendale,AZ.

AUTHOR: Fred - (U.S.A.)

The inquiry on Transunion was not authorized by me the and has been disputed. The Credit Agent at Cabelas was Lindsey the Complaint# 21210861 to the FTC has been documented. And the BBB has also been made aware of this behavior by it's employees. In this current economic climate I was willing to pay with my already in good standing Card or either cash but through the goading of this associate I was stuck with 2 inquiries which now remain on my record for 2 years one of which I did not authorize!