Complaint Review: Cabelas.com

• Updated: Sun, January 13, 2008

• Reported By:Alhambra California
Cabelas.com
, U.S.A.

Cabelas.com Tur-Duc-Hen Christmas Dinner Nightmare... The way we look at it, we've got no business asking for your next order until you're 100% satisfied with your last order. Nationwide

13 January 2008

This incident HAS NOT BEEN RESOLVED by any stretch of the imagination

My review on Cabelas.com:

I purchased Cabela's Tur-Duc-Hen for Christmas dinner and it was a nightmare...

Bottom line is that whoever Cabela's has producing this product must put it through a brining process prior to shipment.

After cooking the bird(s) and bringing up to temperature, I let it rest and started serving for a dinner party of 20.

When served, I noticed that people were taking one bite and sheepishly removing said bite to the provided dinner's napkins. As I continued to carve, I cut a bite to taste for myself and was not able to swallow.

It tasted like it sat in a brine tub for three days. Maybe this was a Friday bird that never made it out until Monday p.m.

20 really disappointed people rummaged around the house trying to get full on the appetizers and ancillary food that was brought to the house in support of the main meal.

Anyway, I asked for my money back and Cabela's countered with a refund for shipping and a $15.00 gift certificate.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!

I saved some of the bird and offered to send it back frozen for a taste test, and Cabela's refused to take me up on the offer.

The entire Tur-Duc-Hen went in to the trash.

This will be the last product that I will purchase through Cabela's in view of the lack of responsiveness...

Consider yourself duly warned...

John
Alhambra, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2008 03:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cabelascom//Cabelascom-Tur-Duc-Hen-Christmas-Dinner-Nightmare-The-way-we-look-at-it-weve-got-no-299673. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cabelas.com