Complaint Review: Cabins Of Sugar Grove

• Submitted: Tue, February 19, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, February 25, 2008

• Reported By:Raleigh North Carolina
Cabins Of Sugar Grove
Banner Elk, NC Banner Elk, North Carolina U.S.A.
  • Phone: 919-741-8481
  • Web:
  • Category: Lodging

Cabins Of Sugar Grove THEY MAKE MONEY OFF OF KEEPING YOUR DEPOSIT EVEN IF HOUSE IS CLEANER THAN YOU FOUND IT!!! Banner Elk North Carolina

*Author of original report: Owners Took Care Of Deposit Problem. Enjoy Your Stay!

*Author of original report: Cabins of Sugar Grove A Wonderful Vacation Spot

*Author of original report: Never Rent A Place Without Taking Pictures Before & After! Find Another Cabin In Banner Elk, There Are Many!

*Consumer Suggestion: SUGGESTION

These cabins were nice enough, I suppose, but the whole deal was ruined after we got home and got what was left of our security deposit. We are extremely clean people, and as we always do when we leave a vacation rental, we leave the place cleaner than we found it. We were absolutely shocked when we got our deposit check back and saw that they charged an additional $62 cleaning fee. They said that it was due to the charge they received from their cleaning crew. Knowing the condition that we left the cabin, I wanted to talk to the cleaning crew. They never responded and I have to assume that they made the whole thing up as they never gave any specifics. They also tried to charge a fee for leaving late although the reason that we left the property late was that the next group into the cabin had blocked the driveway with a full size van because the driveway is not passable in the snow. Once this fact was proven, they reluctantly took the late charge off.

The folks that you will deal with are nice enough, but don't rent these cabins unless you are fine with the rental rate, the cleaning charge, and the loss of your deposit.

Rob
Raleigh, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2008 04:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cabins-Of-Sugar-Grove/Banner-Elk-North-Carolina-28604/Cabins-Of-Sugar-Grove-THEY-MAKE-MONEY-OFF-OF-KEEPING-YOUR-DEPOSIT-EVEN-IF-HOUSE-IS-CLEANER-310224. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cabins Of Sugar Grove

Owners Took Care Of Deposit Problem. Enjoy Your Stay!

AUTHOR: Rob r. - (U.S.A.)

I am happy to report that the owners of The Cabins Of Sugar Grove have taken care of my concerns, and at this time I would be willing to recommend their cabins to friends, family, or strangers.

The real issue here was miscommunication. The owners throughout this ordeal have always been kind, corteous, respectful, and fair. The problem was the probably well earned, but abused trust the owners had put into their cleaning crew.

The problem is now rectified and I believe this to be one of the finest vacation rental cabins in all the North Carolina High Country.

Enjoy your stay, I know we did.

Cabins of Sugar Grove A Wonderful Vacation Spot

AUTHOR: Rob r. - (U.S.A.)

We had an absolutely fabulous vacation with our friends and children at these two immaculate and cozy mountain cabins! They are in the middle of 6 gorgeous acres of natural beauty and the kids had a blast!The above complaint was resolved completely and was mistakingly reported.We are very sorry for any misinformation about this property.

AUTHOR: Rob R. - (U.S.A.)

I am the fellow who wrote the initial report. I would like to say that in my opinion this very well could be a case of the cleaning crew bilking the owners of the cabin and the cabin owners passing the bilking on, but none of that matters.

I never dealt with the cleaning crew except when they called early in the morning the day of checkout to see if we had already left. Frankly, I think they were somewhat upset that we were not leaving until the scheduled check out time, maybe blowing their plans for the day, and decided to have the cabin owners pay the price. They told the owners that they took until 5:00 to get the next group in although the next group was there before we left at 11:30. Sounds fishy.

The owners of the cabin told me that only three times in the past year have they kept any money from a security deposit, I wonder how many people that has been told to. I believe these people, although they are nice enough to talk to, have trouble either seeing the truth, or telling the truth.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

SUGGESTION

AUTHOR: Nancy - (U.S.A.)

Next time you rent anywhere, take along a camera, digital or regular and take pictures WHEN you check in and then again when you check out. Then you ahve proof that will stand up in any small claims court.