Complaint Review: Cablevision Systems Corp AKA Cablevision

• Submitted: Wed, May 05, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, May 06, 2010

• Reported By: JSBDude — Connecticut United States of America
Cablevision Systems Corp AKA Cablevision

Cablevision Systems Corp AKA Cablevision Optimum Poor Service Quality/Overpriced Compared to Competitors Internet

I have had several cable companies in the state of Connecticut and I must say that by far Cablevision/IO Optimum Services is by far one of the worst services in the state.

How do I warrant these remarks?  I will break it down by a few things.  Simply we will start by the quality of their customer service.  The actual staff truly isn't that bad however, I'm not sure if it's policy but they really do not allow for much leeway on helping with customer issues.  I have had my cable box replace nearly four times, with no merit or explanation as to why other than "Sometimes our equipment may be faulty"

Second, as a work at home employment, I have had the obligation of working in a Comcast and a Cox region previously and they worked great to setting up a separate line for work.  When I recently moved to this Cablevision region I was stunned to realize that Cablevision is the only cable provider in the state of Connecticut that is not contracted with my company to provide internet service.  Why do you ask?  Because Cablevision will not setup a second line in your home when you already have an existing line.  Silly.  That seems just silly to me.

Lastly, and most importantly, COST!  Cablevision is by far the most expensive cable provider I have tested and used in the state of Connecticut thus far.  I have yet to find any cable provider that does not provide on demand services free when you purchase premium stations (Cablevision doesn't).  Their packages are very limited (when you are outside their triple play programs).  Everything is a la carte, which is similar to most providers but cost wise I am paying more through this provider than I have ever paid through anyone else.  I actually recieve less stations through cablevision than anyone else because it's affordable for me to do so.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2010 04:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cablevision-Systems-Corp-AKA-Cablevision/internet/Cablevision-Systems-Corp-AKA-Cablevision-Optimum-Poor-Service-QualityOverpriced-Compared-600562. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cablevision Systems Corp AKA Cablevision