Complaint Review: Cablevision

• Updated: Sat, February 26, 2011

• Reported By: Joey — bethoage New York United States of America
Cablevision
1111 Stewart Avenue bethpage, New York United States of America

Cablevision They came to install the boxes and they put a whole in my wall and did not take responsibility for it bethpage, New York

Cablevision came to my house to hook up the service.  The employee came and told me he had to drill a few holes in the wall in order to hook up the cable boxes.  As he was drilling the holes he wreck a portion of my wall.  He told us that he caused some damage and tried to fix it though it was not fixable at the time.  I called cablevision to report the problem and 2 weeks later they called and got someone to come and inspect it.  The inspector his name was George, told me he would send over the companies contractor to see the issue so he can fix it.

I waited 1 week and called george (the inspector) back and he said the contractor was busy and will call to schedule a time to come by within a few days.  He never called and george never returned 1 of my 20 calls to him over the course of 2 weeks.  I called 2 weeks later and cablevision told me they did not cause the problem and that was the end of it.  They did not notify my at all and were walking away from it.

I called to open the case 1 more time and they closed the case within 48 hours (they did not even get in touch with me to tell me anything) they are just ignoring me now.  I called once more (now 3 months later) to see if they would take the time to come by and see the damage they told me they would call me and escalate the issue.  It never worked out and they kept on sending me to a different department.  They are not going to do anything and have denied of any wrong doing.  They are 100 percent scammers when it comes to doing the right thing when it comes to customer issues.  I left cablevision and now have (((competitor's name redacted))) which is 100 percent better and customer service is great.

sorry, …allowing you to give a competitors name would instigate others to just file against their competition, to only come back later to suggest their company, ..plus, if you post a competitors name more than likely they will show up on search engines as a Rip-off! - - your comments on this policy are welcome. CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report. In this case we removed an alleged competitor’s name

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2011 05:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cablevision/bethpage-New-York-/Cablevision-They-came-to-install-the-boxes-and-they-put-a-whole-in-my-wall-and-did-not-ta-700351. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cablevision