Complaint Review: Cabonite Backup Service

• Updated: Mon, December 14, 2009

• Reported By: Jon Hegreness — Scottsdale Arizona United States of America
Cabonite Backup Service

Cabonite Backup Service Carbonite Mac Computer - Not a Good Fit Internet

On 6/4/2009 I purchased a year service plan with Carbonite to backup my Mac Computer.  As of writing this, December 14th 2009, my computer has failed to make its initial backup.  I have been told numerous times by the company that my internet connection is the problem, my files are the problem etc.  Two days ago I gave up and found another option for about the same cost.  It took a day and a half to backup my computer incuding the files that were a problem for Carbonite.  In 6 months I was only able to backup 2/3rds of my hard drive with Carbonite.  They continued to want to try and fix my computer, but offered me no compensation or appology for taking my money.  I have made several attempts to work with customer service in India to fix my issues including calls, emails and remote access to my computer, but every time we "get it working" we run right into another issue.  The best they would do when I asked to part ways is turn off my Auto Renewal next June.  Poor Customer Service, Poor Product.  Total RipOff.  Does not work on a Mac at all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2009 01:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cabonite-Backup-Service/internet/Cabonite-Backup-Service-Carbonite-Mac-Computer-Not-a-Good-Fit-Internet-539148. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cabonite Backup Service