Complaint Review: Cactus Car Wash

• Submitted: Tue, August 17, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, June 18, 2012

• Reported By: Trevor — Summerville South Carolina USA
Cactus Car Wash
2080 Ashley Phosphate Rd. N. Charleston, South Carolina United States of America

Cactus Car Wash Great Was/Horrible Glass Company N. Charleston, South Carolina

*UPDATE Employee: Windshield Specilaists is a reputable company.

Initially, I wasn't going to say or do anything, but after reading the other reports about the glass company working on the Cactus Car Wash in the Charleston area, I decided to add my two cents worth too. Like most people, I had no clue about the differences when it came to my windshield. Differences being either aftermarket auto glass, or original equipment auto glass.

I did have a small crack on my windshield and was having my car washed at the Cactus in N. Chas. The sales guy from The Windshield Specialists approached me and basically talked me into letting him call my insurance company. When the rep from my insurance company informed me that they did not participate in their glass program, I became a bit more inquisitive. The sales guy kept telling me about their lifetime warranty, but my insurance company told me that if they (Windshield Specialists) replaced my windshield, that they (My insurance company) would not honor their warranty.

Thankfully, and extremely glad, I did not allow them to touch my windshield. When I got home, I was doing my own research and called another local glass shop. The gentleman I was speaking with took the time to tell me what type of auto glass they used, not to mention the differences between aftermarket and original equipment auto glass. He also explained the importance of a glass shop being a preferred shop with an insurance company.

I explained to him what had happened to me at the Cactus Car Wash, and though he didn't really state anything negative about The Windshield Specialists, I was smart enough to read in between the lines. He did tell me that The Windshield Specialists had to pay a monthly fee to work on the Cactus Car Wash properties. I was more upset with Cactus than anything else. I simply couldn't imagine ANY company who is as popular as Cactus Car Wash allow such an atrocity to be a part of their business. I wonder if the upper management realized that The Windshield Specialists are nothing more than an extension of their business. If they realized this, then by allowing such a company tells me that Cactus only cares about their customers money, and not for their customers as a whole.

I did find out that The Windshield Specialists only uses aftermarket auto glass. I have two children so safety is extremely important to me. If you value your safety at all, then don't let this horrible glass company touch your vehicle. As for Cactus, I can honestly say that I am officially taking my business elsewhere!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2010 02:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cactus-Car-Wash/N-Charleston-South-Carolina-29406/Cactus-Car-Wash-Great-WasHorrible-Glass-Company-N-Charleston-South-Carolina-632114. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cactus Car Wash

Windshield Specilaists is a reputable company.

AUTHOR: honeybadger43 - (USA)

I am an employee of Windshield Specialists. These reports are an obvious attempt by a competitor to smear our good name. Isn't it strange how all of the bad reports are SO close together when it comes to the date? We have been at The Cactus Car Wash and the Charleston/Columbia area for over 2 years now. We have NEVER changed our name. We provide top quality customer service and use the best parts that are offered. And yes, we DO pay a monthly fee to be there. That's called a partnership in business. I'm sure that if YOUR company was there, you would have to come to a financial agreement as well. Nice try guys. You should concentrate on customer service and not on bashing your fellow competitors. Go out and find your own work and leave my customers alone.