Complaint Review: Cafe Cup (TM)

• Submitted: Thu, January 03, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, January 03, 2013

• Reported By: Char — San Francisco California United States of America
Cafe Cup (TM)

Cafe Cup (TM) Fraudulent Charges & Sales Call Abuses Internet

I saw the add on TV, offering 2 cups for $10. I went to the web site to order and I agreed to the charge of $10.99. There was an offer to upgrade to a better quality, longer lasting cup, for an additional $9.99. The note also stated that if I upgrade, I will get free shipping and handling. I accepted the deal. I entered my credit card information.

The order was placed, and the overview of the charges showed $75.92. I did not get any opportunity to agree to the charges, or verify that this is the order I wanted to place. There was no way to cancel. I called the number from the TV advertisement, but they were closed.

I did give them a chance by reaching out in email to ask if the transaction could be cancelled altogether, but my request was declined, as I was referred to the phone number I already tried calling. I had no way to stop the transaction I did not agree to, and had no idea if I'd even reach them for 4 days because I ordered this on a Friday night, and Monday was New Years Eve, Tuesday was New Years day.

I called my Credit Card company immediately hoping I could keep them from making the transaction. My credit card company offered to let me change my credit card number to keep them from making the transaction. I had to call all the businesses I set up my account with, and pay cash for the next couple weeks until I get my new credit card number.

When I told Cafe Cup I changed by credit card number just to stop them from charging me, they wrote that they didn't understand the problem because they cancelled the transaction for me, as if they didn't decline to do so in the first place, and all too coincidentally after I told them they would not be able to.

When they did open for business on Thursday, I received a phone call from a sales rep as if they didn't have a clue I wanted nothing to do with them, let alone be harrassed by sales people calling my home to try to steal more from me. I did not give them permission to use my phone number for sales calls either!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2013 11:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cafe-Cup-TM/internet/Cafe-Cup-TM-Fraudulent-Charges-Sales-Call-Abuses-Internet-990601. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cafe Cup (TM)