Complaint Review: Cafe Cup reusable coffee cup

• Submitted: Fri, December 14, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, December 14, 2012

• Reported By: sus-sues — Ashdown Arkansas United States of America
Cafe Cup reusable coffee cup

Cafe Cup reusable coffee cup The Cafe Cup is sold on the internet. $10.99 plus 6.99 for shipping. A Special will give you another set of the cups; then you are offered an UPGRADE FOR $10.99 AND FREE SHIPPING. The add is deceitf In1-866-744-6835, Internet

I ordered reusable coffee cups from a Web Site at  < www.getcafecup.com > . I ordered them from the internet Web Site Cafe Cup. I had seen them in a TV commercial.  The Web site leades the buyer to believe that they are paying $10.99 plus $6.99 for shipping.  Then they offer a special of another order of the cups free but additional shipping of $6.99 would be charged.  I made the order for the special and then the Web Site offered an upgrade to a better quality, again for just $10.99 and the order would have free shipping.
I expected the upgrade cups at $10.99 for 2 sets of cups, each set would be charged at $10.99.  It appeared that this upgrade would be in place of the order of the lower quality cups with the shipping.  I was expecting to be charged $10.99 for each set of the higher quality.  That would be a total of $23.98.  There would be no shipping fee charged. I was charged for the 2 sets of the lower quality cups $$10.99 plus $13.98 for shipping. That is a total of $24.97. In my order the charge for this was $37.96 and there was not an invoice to look over to make any changes or delete anything. I was  for the 2 sets of cups at the better quality that were supposed to be $10.99 each for a total of $23.98.  There was to be no shipping charge.  My charge was another $37.96.My bill came to a total of $75.92.  I has used my bank debit card.  Their ads are deceptive and designed to trick people.  I had written the phone number form the TV add so I called.  I got the phone number of customer relations.  After 3 calls, all saying my order didn't show up on their computers yet and it could take hours, I was told to call back next week.  I called my bank and had to cancel my debit card and was charged $5.00 to do that.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2012 04:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cafe-Cup-reusable-coffee-cup/internet/Cafe-Cup-reusable-coffee-cup-The-Cafe-Cup-is-sold-on-the-internet-1099-plus-699-for-982254. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cafe Cup reusable coffee cup