Complaint Review: Cafe Saporito - Seattle Coffee Direct

P.O. Box 4004 Evanston, Illinois United States of America
  • Phone: 877-797-8553
  • Web:
  • Category:

Cafe Saporito - Seattle Coffee Direct Seattle Coffee Charged me $79 for a pound of coffee and a mug I did NOT order Evanston, Illinois

I accepted a trial offer for coffee and mugs online and paid $20 for the offer. The following day, I was charged $79 for a "regular" delivery of coffee. I called the company to cancel and returned the package by UPS, paying for the return myself. I never received the promised $79 return. About six or eight months later, I received another package and was charged $79. I called again, was told I had indeed canceled and was told to put the package back in the mail, saying"RETURN TO SENDER". About a week later, I received yet another delivery and was charged another $79. I called again and was told this time to keep the package (12oz of coffee and an isotherm mug!). I was also told that my bank account would receive a refund for TWICE $79. I received an e-mail confirming this (I have a copy of it). Needless to say that I never saw any refund.

Now, my credit card has been used fraudulently, out east. I am not sure how this was possible but my bank declined to pay. They also canceled my debit card, which is good in a way because Cafe Saporito will not be able to charge me again. It might also be bad in case they intended to refund my $158, which was probably never going to happen.

I see many complaints about this company and do not understand how they can stay in business!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2010 10:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cafe-Saporito-Seattle-Coffee-Direct/Evanston-Illinois-60204/Cafe-Saporito-Seattle-Coffee-Direct-Seattle-Coffee-Charged-me-79-for-a-pound-of-coffee-559258. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cafe Saporito - Seattle Coffee Direct