stick

• Updated: Wed, December 09, 2009

• Reported By: Steve — Austin Texas United States of America
Cafe Saporito.com
990 Grove St Ste 204 Evanston, Illinois United States of America

Cafe Saporito.com Seattle Coffee Direct, Coffee Outlet.com, PublicationMax.com (and dozens of others, check the Chicago BBB) Multiple unauthorized charges, multiple "shell" companies & DBAs, scamming racketeers Evanston, Illinois

STAY AWAY.  DO NOT sign up for any free trial, free mug, free coffee, tea or grinder from these racketeers!

On 12/8/09 I received an unsolicited shipment from "CafeSaporito.com" containing a 12oz bag of ground coffee (which I never use) and a stainless steel travel mug, but no invoice or order information.  A slip of paper instructed me to call Cafe Saporito at 888-963-CAFE if I had any questions.

When I called, and told the rep I had not ordered anything, she offered to refund the TWO  SEPARATE $79 charges made on 11/25 and 12/1.  I logged on to my bank siste and saw that there were indeed two new charges on those dates, which I immediately disputed.  When I asked how she had gotten my credit card number, she said "you had a membership with one of our other companies in 2008 and when we changed computer systems it must have gotten re-entered as a new order. [continued below]....
....."  Bullsh*t.

I did order a $5 "free trial" with Seattle Coffee Direct (another Scammer DBA of this firm) in 2008 (!) that I cancelled immediately when I received three incorrect (ground vs. bean, flavored vs. non) unauthorized shipments in 7 days and a notice that I was actually  subscribed to a weekly order membership instead of the one-time $5 trial.  After several calls and emails I managed to get all charges refunded in mid-2008 and told them I would never do business with them again.

18 months later(!!) they apparently decided to use two of their other shell company DBAs to charge me $79 for "PublicationMax" on 11/25/09 then another $79 for "Coffee Outlet Store" on 12/1/09.  Both charges were unauthorized, both were fraudulent.

Despite their email saying they would "refund" my "orders", as I have no reason to believe or trust these scammers, I entered a complaint with the IL Attorney General, the Chicago BBB and a fraud dispute with my credit card company.

Take a look at the Chicago BBB page for Peel, Inc, of Evanston, IL and be warned--all their companies have dozens and dozens of BBB complaints against them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2009 01:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cafe-Saporitocom/Evanston-Illinois-60201/Cafe-Saporitocom-Seattle-Coffee-Direct-Coffee-Outletcom-PublicationMaxcom-and-dozens-536640. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cafe Saporito.com