Complaint Review: CafePress

• Reported By: Helen — Rye New York
CafePress
San Mateo, California USA

CafePress Bait & Switch on Shipping Charges San Mateo California

*Consumer Comment: same thing happened to me..

CafePress sells items with photos or logos embossed on them. They sold me a tee shirt with a picture on it, and charged me $5.95 for the shipping.  However, when they completed the sale, the shipping charge was suddenly raised from $5.95 to $9.95.  Of course, I complained about this bait-and-switch tactic, as I was already outraged about the high cost of shipping for a mere tee shirt. I wanted to cancel the transaction, but they told me it was too late.  They said that they would return all of my money, and give me the shirt as a gesture of good will.

Of course, I was delighted with this plan.  However, I was a fool to believe that they had any good will, because when I received the shirt, weeks later, someone had obviously stuck a knife through it. So, there was a hole in the "free" shirt that made it unwearable.  When I again complained, the representative told me to "do with it what you will," but refused to send me another shirt.

Merchants who imply that you should stick their merchandise where the sun don't shine should not be in business!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2013 03:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CafePress/San-Mateo-California-94404/CafePress-Bait-Switch-on-Shipping-Charges-San-Mateo-California-1059581. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CafePress

same thing happened to me..

AUTHOR: christina - ()

I know this is suppose to be a 'rebuttal' but wanted to say, same thing happened to me today! I luckily saw what they did before placing order! After putting in my 25% discount code, shipping jumped considerably! I sent them an email, which they are suppose to get back to me in 24 to 48 hrs. interested in hearing what they have to say...