Complaint Review: Cal Spa

• Submitted: Sat, March 20, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, August 21, 2006

• Reported By:60120 Illinois
Cal Spa
http://www.calspas.com/ , California U.S.A.

*UPDATE Employee: CAL SPAS WILL REPLACE YOUR STEREO

*Author of original report: Cal Spa ripoff on warrenty California

I purchased a cal spa about 3 years ago. I bought their top of the line spa for about $9,500 it came with a sterio system.

The sterio system worked for the first two week. Then I had to have some one come out to see wrong. They took the sterio and sent it back to Cal Spa about month and a half later they came back and reintalled it. It worked one week. Same process again this time about three months and thats from the time they got out here to get it which was about a month. It worked two days. They came out again months later. Same process and time frame. It worked a day.

Now they are saying its a one year warrenty an I'm not covered.

Over the whole period I have had this spa my radio has worked less than 3 weeks.

Thomas
60120, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2004 02:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cal-Spa/California/Cal-Spa-ripoff-on-warrenty-California-84683. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cal Spa

CAL SPAS WILL REPLACE YOUR STEREO

AUTHOR: Customer Care Supervisor - (U.S.A.)

Thomas,
Thank you for letting us know about your stereo issues. We can understand how upsetting it was to deal with your selling dealer or issues with warranty coverage.

If you are still in need of a stereo, Cal Spas will replace this for you at no charge. Please send me your contact/shipping information to ccsupervisor@calspas.com and we will make sure you get taken care of.

Thanks again for bringing this matter to our attention.

THOMAS,
IT'S FUNNY YOU SAY THAT YOU HAD PROBLEMS WITH YOUR STEREO. WE CONSIDERED BUYING ONE WITH A STEREO BUT THOUGHT THAT IT WOULD JUST BE SOMETHING ELSE TO GO WRONG. SOUNDS LIKE WE WERE RIGHT. MY SUGESTION IS TO REPLACE THE STEREO WITH A NAME BRAND LIKE PIONEER OR WIRE A PAIR OD INDOOR / OUTDOOR SPEAKERS TO YOUR STEREO IN YOUR HOUSE...THAT IS WHAT WE DID. I AM SORRY TO HEAT THEY GOT YOU TOO. OH ONE OTHER SUGGESTION, DON'T BUY A CAL SPA EVER AGAIN!

AUTHOR: Thomas - (U.S.A.)

I purchased a cal spa about 3 years ago. I bought their top of the line spa for about $9,500 it came with a stereo system.

The stereo system worked for the first two week. Then I had to have some one come out to see what was wrong. They took the stereo and sent it back to Cal Spa about month and a half later they came back and reinstalled it. It worked one week. Same process again this time about three months and that's from the time they got out here to get it which was about a month. It worked two days. They came out again months later. Same process and time frame. It worked a day.