Complaint Review: Cal Spas

• Submitted: Wed, May 27, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, May 31, 2009

• Reported By:Fort Lupton Colorado
Cal Spas
www.calspas.com Denver, Colorado U.S.A.

Cal Spas Parts Rip-Off, Service Rip-off Denver Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: Manufacturer Will Work With You

I really hate Cal Spas and here are the resons why.

They come on big and strong in the show room about their 10 year warrenty.Cals Spa's warrenty is a joke. Read the small print. Most of the parts are only guranteed for 5 years. The heater is guranteed for 10 years.

I have had my 2001 Atlantic model for 8 years now. I live in the Denver area and the service department is terrible. I currently need a new filtration/circulation pump because the spa leaked water on the bearings and the bearings are gone.

I started checking around for a GE motor replacement. Turns out, I can only get a match on the first few numbers in the serial number. Pumps made by GE for Cal-Spas are proprietary! That means you have to buy them through Cal Spas. I can get the same non Cal Spas motor for $90.00. However, the shaft size is different. So if I get the pump that fits from Cal Spas the price is
$547.00!!!!!!! What a rip-off!!!!

Overall the tub has been a maintenance headache. Numerous leaks and very slow response from the service department. The pillows are all coming apart and all the jets have failed at least once. These are also very expensive to replace. I'm lucky I can work on the spa myself as the maintenance work would cost a fortune if I had Cal Spas do it.

Cal Spas is not a customer service oriented company. They are a profit first and screw the customer sort of company. I will never buy another Cal-Spas
product or will I recommend it to anyone. The company's attitude is evident in their product, marginal quality and extremely high maintenence and service
cost. Don't make the mistake I did. Go with a different brand and read the small print on the warrenty before you buy.

Timothy
Fort Lupton, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2009 08:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cal-Spas/Denver-Colorado/Cal-Spas-Parts-Rip-Off-Service-Rip-off-Denver-Colorado-455702. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cal Spas

Manufacturer Will Work With You

AUTHOR: Cal Spas Support - (U.S.A.)

Dear Timothy;

I work for Cal Spa's Corporate; the manufacturing company in Pomona, CA. We are concerned with your experience and would like to have a conversation with you regarding your situation. Please call 800 Cal Spas and select the Operator and ask for the Warranty and Technical Manager.

We look forward to hearing from you and believe we can come to a fair solution.

Thanks