Complaint Review: Cal Spas

• Reported By: Geezix — Bella Vista Arkansas United States of America
Cal Spas
1462 East Ninth Street Pomona, California United States of America

Cal Spas Poor Craftsmanship and over all unreliable product Pomona, California

I too have had a bad experience with Cal Spa products. We spent almost $10,000 for an eight-seat with waterfall and lights. Less than a year later, we had the first pump replaced. Shortly thereafter we had the second pump replaced. The dealer ended up going out of business mainly as a result of numerous failed products or so I am told.

The cushion placement is skewed (crooked, hmm..) but we could live with that. The worst was when we discovered the spa leaking and removed the cabinets only to find extremely poor craftsmanship in not only the overall supporting structure (miss-placed nails, brads and screws, poor cabinet structure, etc..) but one of the hoses was cut too long which resulted in its kinking at the T-box junction. Overtime, this resulted in a failure of the hose and it sprayed the interior of the cabinet which warped same but eventually failed so much that we noticed severe leakage (water level would drop within hours instead on months). [continued below]....

I have sent pictures to Cal-Spa requesting that since I paid to have their Crap-Spa repaired, they should replace my cabinet but I am not holding my breath as I read these numerous issues of quality. Check out you tube and you will see others that have experienced this products poor quality.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2011 08:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cal-Spas/Pomona-California-91766/Cal-Spas-Poor-Craftsmanship-and-over-all-unreliable-product-Pomona-California-713993. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cal Spas