Complaint Review: Cal Spas

• Submitted: Thu, August 21, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, August 22, 2008

• Reported By:Orange California
Cal Spas
1462 E. Ninth Street Pomona, California U.S.A.

Cal Spas Warranty is a Joke Pomona California

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: You're best bet

We bought a spa from Cal Spas in Jan. 2004 when they had a big show out in Pomona. We have a 5-year parts and labor warranty.

As of 8/21/08, the spa just stopped working. We called Cal Spas and were told we had to call the dealer in our area. We live in Orange, CA. We called the dealer who then gave us the phone number of a service tech. We called that number.

The service tech is basically a contractor and said that it would cost $85 for him to come out (he is a 5-minute drive from our home) and that it sounded like, from our description of the problem, that the pump had stopped working. He informed us that it would cost us $400+ to fix it. We informed him that we had a 5-year parts and labor warranty. He replied, I can almost guarantee you that anything from 2004 will not be covered under the warranty. He went on to say that certain parts now being manufactured no longer fit spas from 2004.

The next day, I tried calling Cal Spas to speak with someone in Customer Service. What a joke that is. When I called their office in Pomona and explained my problem to the operator, I was transferred to "Customer Service".

The phone rang and I was put on hold from 9:21 a.m. until 9:25 a.m. Then the phone started ringing and rang until 9:35 a.m. at which time I got so frustrated, I hung up.

A friend of mine is a lawyer and has instructed me on what to do next. I'll follow her instructions and we'll see what happens.

Diana
Orange, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2008 01:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cal-Spas/Pomona-California-91766/Cal-Spas-Warranty-is-a-Joke-Pomona-California-365427. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cal Spas

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

You're best bet

AUTHOR: Terri - (U.S.A.)

You're best bet is to sue them in small claims court, but make sure you carefully document everything, all your phone calls, certified letters, etc.