Complaint Review: Cal Spoon

• Updated: Sat, January 05, 2013

• Reported By: Johnny — Pearland Texas United States of America
Cal Spoon
902 51st Galveston, Texas United States of America

Cal Spoon Insurance Busters of Galveston Cal Spoon a known Rip Off Artist Galveston, Texas

*Author of original report: P.S.

*Author of original report: Retract apology

*Author of original report: Lighthouse Electric Apology

I am an Electrical Contractor in the state of Texas. Cal Spoon of Insurance Buster, 502 51st Galveston, has hired my company to do work at his main location on March12, 2012.  Mr. Spoon did not want me to obtain a permit from the city of Galveston to do work at this location. We made a deal to do work on short notice because I was about to leave town to take my children on spring break. I asked Mr. Spoon if work could be done after I returned but he was in a hurry. I agreed to let my journeymen electricians do the work while I was out of town.

After getting a down payment for material, I asked Mr. Spoon if he could pay my men labor after work was completed. He agreed to pay them. Everything Mr. Spoon wanted done was written down on Paper. The building that the work was done was a very old building and has mulitple code Violations. I pointed those out to mr. Spoon but he didn't seem to care. Mr. Spoon then asked me not to get a permit. I did not agree or disagree to get a permit but was going to get one after my return from out of town anyways.

I asked My Journeymen to keep me informed of the job and to call me. While out of town, Mr. Spoon wanted additional work done. I told him there would be additional cost and he agreed to pay the extras.

My journeymen worked all weekend to get the job done and found more code violations. After work was completed that we agreed on, Mr. Spoon would not pay my Journeymen. He said he wanted all of the volations repaired and said it was part of the agreement made. I told him that it would cost extra and that I was going to address the situation to the building officials about the Code violations. This made Mr. Spoon furious. The whole Job originally was agreed upon to pay $5,500.00. after finding first initial violations, Mr. Spoon agreed to pay my Journeyman another $1,000.00. In addition to finding even more Fire Hazard vilations, the whole job would have been a lot more. I told Mr. Spoon that he needed to get a building permit and then I needed to get an Electrical permit.

As of January 5, 2013, I have still not recieved money from work. Mr. Spoon has taking advantage of my Company and I learned he has ripped off people before. This is not the first time. Mr. Spoon thinks he is the Untouchable!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2013 08:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cal-Spoon/Galveston-Texas-77551/Cal-Spoon-Insurance-Busters-of-Galveston-Cal-Spoon-a-known-Rip-Off-Artist-Galveston-Texas-991702. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cal Spoon

P.S.

AUTHOR: Johnny R. Gibbs - ()

Do you remember when I paid a visit because I thought you were going to pay me for the work we did for you and your response to me was, "Get off of my property before I stomp your a**" Do you remember those words you said to me?

I didnt forget!

Retract apology

AUTHOR: Johnny R. Gibbs - ()

Lighthouse Electric Retracts its apology to Cal Spoon and Insurance Busters. Even though we earlier stated that we were not coerced into apologizing, I personally was placed on a bogus probation and threatened by the District Attorney Jack Rhoady's office in Galveston, Tx.

Mr. Spoon has friends in high places in Galveston such as Mr. Jack Rhoady and half of Galveston Police department..just look at his friend list on facebook. he keeps it wide open. he uses his Cronyism to get away with paying my company for an outstanding job that my crew has performed for him at his place of business at 902 51st Galveston, TX. He has personally put me through a lot of misery and stress and has ruined my life. I nearly lost everything I had because of his Blatant lies he told to the Galveston Police department and had his Sister Brandy Holley lie to the Police as well that I made threats to her.

This is what happens when you do work for shady people.

I have been an Electrical Contractor for over 20 years and had never been through a situation as this. I regret meeting Mr. Spoon and doing work for him. He does not pay his bills.

I had a hard time tracking him down with a civil suit I filed. He stays in one place for a while then moves out and leaves a back mortgage payment of six months or more. I have proof of this from previous landlords of his.

I would be very careful hiring this man and his company. I would not trust him as far as I can throw a rock at him.

I am excercizing my first amendment right and everything I said is true and not defaming. I have a right to let the public be aware of Mr. Spoons actions when it comes to hiring companies to perform work for him. I also have copies of multiple lawsuits filed against him for nonpayment on the same building.

Karma is real Mr. Spoon and it knows where to find you!

P.S. I refiled that lawsuit against you so be on the lookout for the process server to serve you. It's your turn to lose sleep!

Lighthouse Electric Apology

AUTHOR: Johnny R. G - ()

Lighthouse Electric Company would like to extend it's full apology to Insurance busters for a report made last year on unpaid services.

After fully inspecting the work that has been done by my employees at Insurance busters company in Galveston,  as Master electrician, I expected more from my employees. We as a company try our best to hire nothing but the best qualified journeyman to perform service to the public. I was out of town when the work was performed and did not inspect the work upon my return. I am personal apoligizing to insurance busters for our poor performance and the report made.  I do not blame them for not wanting to pay the balance owed and do not expect them to do so.

No settlement deemed necessary and no one coaxed Lighthouse Electric into writing this report.