Complaint Review: CalSpa

• Submitted: Mon, April 16, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, September 02, 2008

• Reported By:Orange California
CalSpa
calspa.com Moreno Vally, California U.S.A.

CalSpa leaking pump Moreno Vally California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Tahitian pools has no affiliation with Cal Spas whatsoever.

I have had a CalSpa jacuzzi for a couple of years now and am on my second pump, the seals fail. The first time, the repair guy came out said it was a faulty seal and told me it would be covered by warranty and replaced the pump. a couple of months later the repair people called and said CalSpa wouldn't honor the warranty saying that the leak was caused by too high a calcium content in my water. I refused to pay for the pump to the repair facility feeling as though this was a ludicrious explanantion as I had had a Tahitian Spa for ten years before this CalSpa and NEVER had this problem.

Now its a year later and the pump is shot again. It's a $600.00 repair and it is obvious to me that their pump seal/engineering is at fault not my water quality. Mine is a dual pump, which means two motors and two pumps in one unit. The heated water goes straight into the pump and this is where the seal fails and causes a calcium build up. Perhaps this is the design defect?

Guy
Orange, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2007 08:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CalSpa/Moreno-Vally-California/CalSpa-leaking-pump-Moreno-Vally-California-244208. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CalSpa

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Tahitian pools has no affiliation with Cal Spas whatsoever.

AUTHOR: Tahitian Pools - (U.S.A.)

I own Tahtian Pools, I do not own or am I affiliated with now or ever have been with Cal Spas. This report is completely entered under the wrong company name. This false report has cost me at least a hundred thousand dollars.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Tahitian pools has no affiliation with Cal Spas whatsoever.

AUTHOR: Tahitian Pools - (U.S.A.)

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC