Complaint Review: Calgary Herald

• Updated: Fri, August 22, 2008

• Reported By:Calgary Alberta
Calgary Herald
215, 16 Street SE, Calgary, AB, T2E 7P5 Calgary, Alberta Canada

Calgary Herald Fake!!Offer Free gift to sign into a 3 month " not-so" Free Trial Calgary Alberta

During the Calgary Stampede, Calgary Herald was offering a free $30.00 Gas card if you fill out your information for a free three month trial subscription and should you not want to continue, all you have to do is call in to 1-800-372-9219 and cancel. I got my news papers alright however I also got a little surprise in my credit card bill at the end of the month. Calgary Herald charges me $22.25.

I called Calgary Herald on July 22 to try to straighten this out, however was informed by Melvin (customer service supervisor) that Calgary Herald does not offer anything for free but he will investigate for me. I email him my copy of the form where the canvasser wrote down 3 month trial on it on July 23. Melvin did not reply to my email, I had to call him to confirm that he received. Three weeks went by and no response, I called him to see what is going as again Calgary Herald credit my credit card for $22.25 and was inform that Melvin is talking to someone to get this straighten out and that he will call me back.

Another week past and no response. I call him again on today, talk to Melvin, he claim that no one has gotten back to him that his hand it tied and there is nothing he can do for me and that why he did not call me back and because I did not asked him to cancel/suspend my subscription, I was charge for another month even through my compliant is on record. I asked to talk to someone above him, was transfer to Lesley.

Lesley will investigate however she would have to go through the same process that Melvin went so it's not going to be any faster, meaning they will never resolve my complaint.

What is even worst is the Calgary Herald Canvasser was at the Taste of Calgary and offering $30.00 with of food voucher if you subscripted to a "Free 3 month Trail".

Calgary, Alberta

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2008 02:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Calgary-Herald/Calgary-Alberta-T2E-7P5/Calgary-Herald-FakeOffer-Free-gift-to-sign-into-a-3-month-not-so-Free-Trial-Calgary-A-365859. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Calgary Herald