Complaint Review: California Air Duct Cleaning

• Submitted: Thu, November 17, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, November 17, 2011

• Reported By: SeanLongBeach — Long Beach California United States of America
California Air Duct Cleaning
No physical address on their website or invoice Greater Los Angeles, California United States of America

California Air Duct Cleaning California Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning Fraud Ripoff Scam Negative Pressure Vacuum Greater Los Angeles, California

I googled "Long Beach Home Air Duct Cleaning" and their website popped up on the 2nd page. They were one of the first to call me back so I decided to go with them. The woman on the phone went down a list of the things they'd do for $15 per vent (as advertised on their website). So we scheduled an appointment for the next day. When the serviceman arrived (he said his name was Daniel) he tried selling me a $39 per vent service that was "better" than their negative pressure vacuuming, but I declined. Then he said that he had to charge me $90 instead of $75 (I have 5 vents in my condo) because one of the vents was "bigger" but I said if that was the case I'd just go with another company. He changed his mind and said he'd do it for $75 (the price I was quoted over the phone) and proceeded to begin. He stuck a hose down the "bigger" vent and after 10 minutes packed up to go (when the website says it'll take an hour or so), probably because I stupidly paid him in advance (cash) after signing the invoice. He initially said he'd be cleaning EACH vent, but he only vacuumed that ONE. I stopped him and asked to speak to his supervisor but he wouldn't get anyone on the phone for me or give me a name/number to call. I kept asking for my money back but he walked out. The invoice has no address and no address is on the website either. I left voice messages on their 888 number, their 866 number, and the cell phone of the woman that I spoke to the night before, but nobody has called me back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2011 04:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/California-Air-Duct-Cleaning/Greater-Los-Angeles-California-/California-Air-Duct-Cleaning-California-Carpet-Air-Duct-Cleaning-Fraud-Ripoff-Scam-Negat-799225. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on California Air Duct Cleaning