Complaint Review: California Cycles

• Reported By: Another scammed customer — Mobile Alabama
California Cycles
Panama City Beach, Florida USA

California Cycles Another scammed customer Panama City Beach Florida

I too have been scammed by California Cycles!!!! The same story...rented 2 scooters in July that were in rough shape w/ many scrapes and dents. Unfortionately, I did not take pics...trusted the young jerk that worked there :(  Anyway, he did a quick search (I thought) of prior damage and a 10 second tutorial on how to ride.

We took our 2 kids out for 3 hours and came back to return scooters. The young kid starts looking over bike and immediately asks me if I crashed the scooter. I said "NO, why?" He told me there was a small scratch on the front that was not there. I proceeded to tell him it was! He called the so call "manager" and we waited for 20 minutes for him to arrive. Next, a guy shows up in a wife beater filled w/ tattoos and starts taking pics of what I really don't know. He ignores us till we finally ask "what is going on?" He informs us that we caused $300 in damages; however, he would only charge us $100 (deposit). I then starting to loose it and insisted we did not cause any damage. We left the store in disbelief!!!!

I felt horrible about the situation (taking advantage of) and decided to do some research. I also called the store everyday to try to speak to the owner (no return call). Apparently, the company has many websites that comment on how they scam people out of deposits! I was scammed!!! There have been several police reports and the BBB rating is "F". I vacation down Panama City Beach and know several condo owners. I also have decided to contact the rental agencies that our friends deal with to warn against future vacationers being scammed such as we did.\

I would love it if we (the scammed) could get together and file an action class lawsuit against this horrible company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2013 06:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/California-Cycles-/Panama-City-Beach-Florida/California-Cycles-Another-scammed-customer-Panama-City-Beach-Florida-1076336. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on California Cycles