Complaint Review: California DMV

• Updated: Fri, January 04, 2013

• Reported By: sr — clovis California United States of America
California DMV
po box 997405 sacramento, California United States of America

California DMV DMV wage garnishment, dmv said I did not pay registration, no notice from dmv sacramento, California

*UPDATE Employee: half truths and exaggerations

*Consumer Comment: Don't Even Bother - Hire An Attorney

*UPDATE Employee: Irs and dmv

I got a notice from my employer of a wage garnishment from the Franchise Tax Bored saying that the DMV issued the collection because I didn't pay my vehicle registration.

The DMV sent me no notice that there was a problem.  The vehicle is current, was paid on time and in full.  In 2011 I had to pay a 1,500$ sales tax because I had bought the vehicle in another state.  I registered it when we got here for 444.00, had complied with all the insurance requirements (proof is needed to register in Ca.) and a few months later I was sent a 'suspension of registration' stating that I did not keep insurance and they wanted another 14.00 to have it reinstated.

Although I provided them with a copy of my insurance, they still made me pay the 14.00 saying that I did not have insurance prior to that, which I, of course did.

Then renewal came along and I paid it, on time, got my registration and my tags etc., no problem.  Currently, I have a house in escrow.

I have all the documents I need to prove that there was no wrong doing on my behalf and will lose a days wages because I have to go to the DMV to clear this up before it becomes a problem with my house in escrow.

What infuriates me is that I wasn't given any notice whatsoever that there was a problem.  Had I any warning I most certainly would have gone and cleared it up before it became a public record.

And everyone knows that when something like this is added to your credit report, you will have the hardest time ever getting it removed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/24/2012 11:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/California-DMV/sacramento-California-95899/California-DMV-DMV-wage-garnishment-dmv-said-I-did-not-pay-registration-no-notice-from-d-973129. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on California DMV

half truths and exaggerations

AUTHOR: 1HotMVFR - ()

Like I said earlier ~ your comments are full of half truths and fiction. Personally I find people like you amusing. The more you post, the more ignorant you look. Settle down, type the truth and you might just feel better.

Don't Even Bother - Hire An Attorney

AUTHOR: Jane - ()

If I were you, I would hire an attorney immediately.  Don't even try to speak with the Sacramento DMV.  You can read my report of today's date on this site - it's unbelievable.  I am a minute away from hiring an attorney myself - I think I'm going to do it.

The Sacramento DMV employees are absolutely useless - they don't care - they are all protected employees of the State of California and they make no bones about letting you know that they don't care.  And don't pay attention to the rebuttals on this site from a supposed DMV employee either.  Some idiot keeps responding and trying to turn everything around to imply that the victims did something wrong.  Which, in typical California DMV fashion, gives no help, no advice, because there isn't any to give.  The Sacramento DMV employees aren't going to do their jobs.  Period.  And you can bet your bottom dollar that they will all sit there and retire quite well off on the California taxpayers' dollar.

Run fast from the Sacramento DMV - run straight to an attorney's office.

Irs and dmv

AUTHOR: 1HotMVFR - (USA)

First of all, if your employer received a letter from Franchise Tax then that means you were sent at least 4. Have you changed your address? Had a PO box previously that you no longer used? There are too many factors to consider without looking at the paperwork. Hope you scheduled an appointment and went to DMV to get your questions answered.