Complaint Review: California Department Of Motor Vehicles

• Submitted: Sat, May 02, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, May 02, 2009

• Reported By:Ventura California
California Department Of Motor Vehicles
www.dmv.ca.gov Sacramento, California U.S.A.

California Department Of Motor Vehicles Failure to send renewal 2x Sacramento California

*Consumer Comment: Silly thought

Sure, in a perfect world we would all know the exact moment our registration is due to expire, how much the fees are and whether or not DMV requires a smog certificate and of course the TYPE of smog certificate required. Yeah, wouldn't that be nice? And let's keep in mind, this is an annual fee, not a monthly bill, such as a credit card statement.

Well California DMV popped me twice in the past year. Last May, for the first time in my life, they failed to send me a driver's license renewal. It was eight months before I noticed. I had even done some cross country traveling without being aware. Yes, true.. it is our responsibility to know such things.

And I'm lucky I was not pulled over, or there would have been penalties to pay. More fees. Exactly the point here.

Today I received a late notice for vehicle registration. No, I didn't misplace the original. And no I don't have a new address. This is twice now and I believe it's about the money.

Courtesy as it may be, we have grown to rely on it and that's exactly what they're counting on. Just as we rely on alarm clocks, but in this case some of us never thought to check the batteries. Isn't that what we pay other people to do? It seems in this case, someone actually came in and removed the batteries. Come to think of it, do the fees we pay not rate a little courtesy?

Diane
Ventura, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2009 03:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/California-Department-Of-Motor-Vehicles/Sacramento-California-94297/California-Department-Of-Motor-Vehicles-Failure-to-send-renewal-2x-Sacramento-California-448317. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on California Department Of Motor Vehicles

Silly thought

AUTHOR: Susan - (U.S.A.)

The expiration of your drivers license is on your birthday. It is also your responsibility to know when your plates expire.

I hope you check the batteries in the rest of your life.