Complaint Review: California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)

• Submitted: Mon, January 31, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, July 07, 2005

• Reported By:Reno Nevada
California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
P.O. Box 942890, M/S J233 Sacramento, California U.S.A.

Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Calif. (DMV) Violates a Persons Way of LIfe ripoff Sacramento California

*Consumer Suggestion: I feel your pain

*Consumer Comment: This is Outrageous So Mr. Lifestyle, deal with it!

*Consumer Suggestion: Your way of life?

Calif. (DMV)has suspended my old Ca. drivers license, something I haven't had in 10 yrs. 3yrs ago I got a DUI in Ca.(I know not a good thing)and Ca suspended my Ca.license.

I went to renew my Nv. drivers license last year and I couldn't.

Due to this National Drivers Registry. In order to be removed from the system I must comply with Ca. And thats the problem.

Calls to Ca. DMV has yielded results. At first, I was told I need to enroll in CA. approved DUI school, something that is NOT available in my home state of NV. I was told that upon completion of this course and paying more money, my CA. license would be reinstated and then I 'd be free to move anywhere. I have no use for a CA license.

After 2 yrs of this, the final answer from CA. DMV, is I must move back to CA.and follow their regulations. How can one state force a person to give up their job and family.

Phone calls and letters to elected officials in both states have no results. It's too political.

I'm not a big business or special interest group, which means I can't donate to a reelection campagn or favorite charity, because if I was this matter would disappear.

Perry
Reno, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2005 10:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/California-Department-of-Motor-Vehicles-DMV/Sacramento-California-94290-0001/Department-of-Motor-Vehicles-DMV-Calif-DMV-Violates-a-Persons-Way-of-LIfe-ripoff-Sacr-129655. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I feel your pain

AUTHOR: Karlton - (U.S.A.)

I can see how being responsible is a pain. How dare one state not let you skip out on them scott free for a DUI that is outrageous! I bet your still driving ;)

How dare the government pass laws that have fines for not complying with the law because don't they know or care you had an expensive move. Outrageous! I bet your still driving ;)

Outrageous indeed.

I had my license suspended last year.

Want to know why? I had ONE (1) speeding ticket in 7 years. I have a clean record, no accidents, and no DUIs.

The kicker, I didn't pay the ticket. I was in the middle of an expensive move, and didn't have the money to pay it. (I REALLY didn't have the money for about a year)

Well, they suspended my license for a failure to appear. Now I have to pay upwards of $500+ dollars to get it reinstated.

Think about all those DUI people that get their hands slapped, pay a fine, and get back on the road. (the first time anyway)

I can't get insurance, I can't register my car, I can't do anything, its just a matter of time before I'm pulled over for an expired tag and get arrested for Suspended license. (no accidents, no duis, I'm a safe driver).

Outrageous!

When I have the money, I will pay it off, then pay the 80 dollars for a new license, and take the test again. Oh...and my insurance rates will be really really high because my license was suspended. (They don't care why, you are just grouped with the others)

#6 Consumer Suggestion

Your way of life?

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

You mean getting drunk? Then getting behind the wheel? And, finally skipping out on the penalties before they are all done?

That way of life, Perry?

Since Reno is right across the border, I can't see how this is such a big deal. Take the bus over. Enroll in the DUI program. Satisfy the requirements.

It's either that, or your way of life will consist of waiting around at bus stops every time you need to go somewhere.