Complaint Review: California Fitness

• Updated: Tue, November 16, 2010

• Reported By:Cagary Alberta
California Fitness
Prince Albert, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

California Fitness, CalFit Ripoff on contracts, renewal ripoff Prince Albert, Saskatoon Saskatchewan

*General Comment: RE: Califorina Fitness

I registered for a membership with California Fitness in Prince Albert SK in the summer of 2005. It was a one year contract, which I understood since most gyms will ask you to sign for a minimum term. However, just before my contract was over, the manager, Barb, told me it's time to renew my membership because otherwise it will expire and I won't be able to use the facilities. I told her that I will be moving soon and that I will need to cancel this membership and she said that it's no problem past the initial year.

When I tried to cancel two months later, they told me that they won't cancel it because I had signed a new contract instead of just continuing to pay monthly for my membership. Barb was obviously not interested in anything else but to get new contract so because of her I am now left with paying 40 dollars a month until next year in July, although I have since moved any my condo has its own gym so I don't need my membership transfered to any other gym in the new city where I live.

They said the only way they will cancel the membership is if I move to some place where there are no gyms - Nunavut maybe? In any case beware of that woman at the club because she very nice and smiley but she only gives a shit to take your money. Better yet just join another gym all together who doesn't mess around with contracts.

Philip
Cagary, Alberta
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2006 08:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/California-Fitness/Prince-Albert-Saskatoon-Saskatchewan/California-Fitness-CalFit-Ripoff-on-contracts-renewal-ripoff-Prince-Albert-Saskatoon-Sa-221157. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on California Fitness

#1 General Comment

RE: Califorina Fitness

AUTHOR: Hilary26 - (Canada)

Hi there im also a victim of there contract, i just sign up with them 2 months ago and ive been trying to cancel my contract with them, telling them that i have no money or transporter to get me to the gym and im struggling to try n pay my other bills because im a student...n they told me u still cant cancel it lol only if i move to a place that has no gym. and now im stuck trying to get out of it... there meanies i tell ya...they have no heart so yea... lol also the lady that i was signing this contract with told me i could frezz it with 25bucks down if i have a good reason... n there's my reason...n the lady on the phone said if u wanting to frezz it would cost 50bucks down because i didnt sign up for that frezz account thingy lol ...wow both of them said it so different lol