Complaint Review: California New York Express

• Submitted: Mon, November 07, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, November 07, 2011

• Reported By: Rita M Tavares — New York New York United States of America
California New York Express
1248 Palmetto St, Los Angeles, CA 90013 Internet, California United States of America

California New York Express Move East Lost or stole expensive bike and forces you to more expensive insurance for proper treatment of claims Internet, California

I hired this company to move my belongings from SF to NY. I paid $1120 for a small shipment, consisting of only boxes, one mirror, and a bicycle. While I got the boxes and the mirror on time, my bike went missing and it was never re-located. The bicycle was the most valuable item in my shipment (it was 1 yo and it costs $503.69). I contacted the company many times, but they never located the bike. I filed a claim, proposing to be reimbursed for the cost of the bike and get additional compensation for the damage of its loss. I received a  frankly insulting offer of $42. The basic insurance that it's all they are required to have does not cover total cost and they calculate only a volume estimate. They didn't propose anything else after I expressed my discontent and were rather cold about the loss. This obviously made me extremely upset.

I am gonna pursue this in a small claims court. I'll hopefully be able to get some of my money back, but I'll likely lose more than I gain in the end. ??I thought their approach to a loss like this was really unprofessional. They seem to not care at all about a (very) unhappy client, which makes the whole situation even more upsetting. Once something goes wrong, they seem to just protect themselves and do not care about the client at all.

After all this, unfortunately I have to say that I have only bad reviews to give of this service. While I understand that accidents happen, the company's treatment of the problem was extremely inappropriate and unprofessional. Plus I got the feeling that the bike was just stolen by someone there.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2011 01:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/California-New-York-Express/Internet-California-90013/California-New-York-Express-Move-East-Lost-or-stole-expensive-bike-and-forces-you-to-more-795833. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on California New York Express