Complaint Review: California Pleasures

californiapleasures.com Internet U.S.A.
  • Phone: 925-373-1950
  • Web:
  • Category: Sex Shops

California Pleasures, Danyel Failure to deliver sex toys total disregard for customers, evasive b**** Bay Area California

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: California Pleasures - Products Delivered

*Consumer Comment: File a police report...

SUMMARY: Bad service, impossible to contact, weeks and weeks of delays in receiving items we paid for in advance and still missing items. We originally booked an adult toy party hosted by this company from an ad posted in craigslist.org. It was to be a fun event where a bunch of our friends could get together and check out a bunch of fun sex toys and then order the products we just couldn't live without. Sounds fun and easy huh? For starters, Danyel was LATE! The party was fine, she was nice enough when she hadn't received any money yet, but once she got our cash in her hands she was nearly impossible to reach and virtually unresponsive. She claimed we would receive our items within a week and half. THREE weeks later I had to email her to try to find out if we were ever going to get our items. Seeing as we all paid in advance we were certainly nervous that she would never send us our toys. She claimed she was out of town but that the items had been mailed just days before. We should have already received the items, so her mailing them "the other day" already was a bad sign. ANOTHER WEEK WENT BY! I kept contacting her and she was sooooo slow in responding. She claimed she received the box as returned to sender. She claimed that we weren't home for the delivery and that we didn't pick it from the post office in time. This is total CRAP! The delivery address is a friend of mine who works from her home, so she was home at for all mail deliveries. Additionally, if she had for some freak accident missed the delivery, no pickup notice was left. This friend has a great relationship with her mail carrier, so she would definitely would have gotten the notice. Basically, Danyel from California Pleasures LIED! When we finally received a box of items it was incomplete. She failed to send items for two people. Of course we have tried to contact her to get these items sent and it has been unsuccessful so far. It has now been SIX WEEKS since the party and we still don't have all the items. She sucks and is totally unprofessional. Do NOT use California Pleasures! Tina Berkeley, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2006 01:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/California-Pleasures/internet/California-Pleasures-Danyel-Failure-to-deliver-sex-toys-total-disregard-for-customers-ev-177272. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on California Pleasures

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

AUTHOR: Danyel - (U.S.A.)

All items were delivered to this individual, some were backordered therefore were not in the orginal shipment. They were sent out shortly after. Yes the items were returned back to me from the post office. All my deliveries are sent with signature confirmation.

During this time I was flying in and out of state to care for a sick relative, therefore I will admit I was not the best at returning calls during this time.

I did however make sure that all items were delivered to this individual and I also gave her FREE an extra $100.00 in merchandise as a way to apologize for any inconvenience. No one made me do this nor was it requested by the buyer. I was truly sorry.

I have been in this business for over 6 years and this is the first negative situation I have encountered while doing parties.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

File a police report...

AUTHOR: Stephen - (U.S.A.)

Fortunately for you, California jurisdictions are generally very aggressive with regard to consumer fraud-file a report-send it to both Danyel and her supplier,if you persue this aggressively-make some noise...you will prevail.Good luck.

shear