Complaint Review: California State Franchise Tax Board

• Updated: Sun, January 20, 2013

• Reported By: Brad — St. Petersburg Florida United States of America
California State Franchise Tax Board
P.O. Box 942867 Sacramento, California United States of America

California State Franchise Tax Board over 20 years after I left my one man agency in Ca. they emptied my bank account Sacramento, California

*General Comment: Also Scammed by the Tax Board!!!

*General Comment: California Franchise Tax Board Rip Off

*Consumer Comment: What is the rest of the story?

I had a one-man, sole proprietorship private investigation business in California in 1988-1992.  I did not make much profit and was crippled by a divorce in which my wife emptied all bank accounts and ruined my credit.

I went into a severe slump with alcohol and made only a few thousand dollars in 1992.  I then left the state before 1992 was over.

On 11/2/2012, without notice, then Ca. State Franchise Tax Board emptied my bank account at Wells Fargo Bank in So. Pasadena, Fl. The bank also took over $100 dollars in fees to empty the accounts!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2012 09:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/California-State-Franchise-Tax-Board/Sacramento-California-94267-0011/California-State-Franchise-Tax-Board-over-20-years-after-I-left-my-one-man-agency-in-Ca-969594. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on California State Franchise Tax Board

#1 General Comment

Also Scammed by the Tax Board!!!

AUTHOR: Californicated - ()

I have an almost identical story. I had a small business that failed after only a few months. I never earned any revenue only a lot of debt and disappointment.  I left the state and had a bad year of trying to earn money so I did not file any taxes that year. Subsequently the IRS was suspicious and audited me that same year. Several years later I get a letter mailed to my apartment in Hawaii that I have been in collections for the last three years over a debt that I never owed.

When I called the tax board they claimed that this all started with my business license. The Licensing department invents an income for anyone with a license and reports that income to the taxation department every year. My license has not even been valid for several years, yet they are still inventing income and making reports on me.

My biggest question is how is it legal for someone to invent a debt I never owed and send me to collections and in the above victims case garnish wages on this imagined debt? This seems like the biggest scam ever! Can anyone do this to whomever they wish?

#2 General Comment

California Franchise Tax Board Rip Off

AUTHOR: Mister Nobody - (United States of America)

I had a similar experience with the CFTB. I was a sole proprietor. I received a large inheritance from a family member, closed up shop and moved out of California to pursue other life options. CFTB sent me a letter stating that they assume I am still working, must file a tax return, pay taxes. They came up with an arbitrary number based on their proposed assessment then took thousands of dollars out of my B of A account. Through many faxes, phone calls, headaches and legal help, I proved them wrong and got my money back, they sent me an apology letter. I found that you can fight the CFTB with a harassment law suit and win. A guy named Paul Ballmer did it. youtube.com/watch?v=OcaCAysI5YU

What is the rest of the story?

AUTHOR: Go4gold - (USA)

Please let us know what is the rest of the story after you have contacted the Ca. State Franchise Tax Board. How much was taken from your bank account? What was the reason for the withdrawal.