Complaint Review: California Teacup pigs / Anita Thornhill Jacobson

• Updated: Thu, July 17, 2014

• Reported By: winston — los angeles California
California Teacup pigs / Anita Thornhill Jacobson
Durham, California USA

California Teacup pigs / Anita Thornhill Jacobson California Teacup pigs All her pigs are weanned too early Durham California

*Author of original report: Youre wrong

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Rebuttal by owner.

*Author of original report: What is your vet hospital that you work at?

*Consumer Comment: Are you Serious?

We bought our pig at 4 weeks old. When we went to visit her home she had already said Winston was weaned a week before we got there. Which means he was weaned at 3 weeks of age. One thing about pigs is you cannot sell them before 8 weeks of age and that 8 weeks is critical for the pig to be properly weaned from their mother and learn fundamental habits of their place in the world.

We now have a pig that at 8 months is still trying to suck and look for milk; he is aggressive, bites all dogs that come close to him. He attacks guests when they come over. ALL of these problems are due to her pre-weaning this pig. She will lie to you and tell you that everyone is wrong. She gave us a bag of food to take home with our 4 week old pig, come to find out it was the grown ADULT food that she was feeding him. We had to go to the pets store and buy the baby pig food, then the 8 weeks and older food. [continued below]....

.....

She weans these pigs early because she needs the mom to breed again. She takes them away from their mother and leaves them in a box with another sibling and pays no attention to them until someone buys them. When you buy the pig, the pig will be so scared and will bite you. ALL of her pigs are like this, again, from being pre-weaned. ALL she cares about is money and not about the animals. She is a modern cruella Deville. She sells her alpacas fur. Everything she can squeeze out of these animals she will for money.

I posted ONE comment on her wall about Winston bitting other dogs and us and she IMMEDIATLY blocked me, so i couldnt post anything else. She only keeps the good reviews up.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2013 09:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/California-Teacup-pigs-Anita-Thornhill-Jacobson/Durham-California/California-Teacup-pigs-Anita-Thornhill-Jacobson-California-Teacup-pigs-All-her-pigs-ar-1096482. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on California Teacup pigs / Anita Thornhill Jacobson

Youre wrong

AUTHOR: winston - ()

First off...The second rebutal came from the owner. It was written in the same way that she writes so I just disgard that comment.

We are on a trip and dropped him off at the president of the pot belly associations house, who pig sits pigs...She said and I quote "THAT CUTE LITTLE SUCKLING FACE HE DOES IS CUTE BUT ITS A SIGN OF BEING PRE WEANED. TO BE SUCKLING AND LOOKING FOR A TEAT AT 1.3 YEARS OLD IS A CLEAR SIGN OF PRE-WEANING."

This is my only comment to the public.....

THIS WOMAN ANITA PRE WEANS HER PIGS.

IF YOU WANT A PRE WEANED PIG, BUY ONE!

IF YOU DONT THEN DONT BUY ONE.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Rebuttal by owner.

AUTHOR: ConcernedPigOwner - ()

These piglets are not weaned at 3 weeks and released at 4 weeks. This piglets are left with their mothers until the sow decides it's time to wean. The pigs behavior is a product of how he was raised in your home.you thought it was cute to have him in your bed and now he is territorial! Pigs do not belong in people beds, you thought it was cute when it chased the dog and then you removed the dog reinforcing the pigs actions.  He is probably rooting for milk because you guys took him home and fed him. I'll almost killed him until I told you to take him to the vet. A pigs natural behavior is rooting, this pig needs to be outside.

yes I send all familes home with 12-16% pig food! anything over is too much protein! ask any qualified swine veterinarian.

Yes I shear my alpacas, if you do not shear them they can die of heat stroke or go fertile.

i have tried to offer you help and suggest trainers and books, your solution was to "exchange" your pet, who gives up on a pet?

I cannot not deal with your drama, I hope you get help,for your pig by using my suggestions but I can clearly see that by filing this report you would rather blame me!

What is your vet hospital that you work at?

AUTHOR: winston - ()

I am just curious, I would love to have him stop by and get a check up.

Also, should I take your theory about pulling the piglets from their moms very early on as imperial facts and throw out every single book ever written on mini-pigs out there, with the doctors and scientists behind this animal research? With all of the studies done--pointing to factual research--8 weeks minimum before separation from their mother. Is all of that not true? Im fascinated that you are the only person who claims this true (well and the pig breeder of course.) If fact, you should write a book about it rebuking their facts and back it up with your "loving mom" anecdotal stories. I would buy it!

I have brought him to multiple vets and two houses where pigs are, he attacks them viciously, even the experts were wondering if he was too smart in combination with pre-weaned, thats whats triggering his psychotic episodes.

He's a rare one, but we still love him. He is the child at Kindergarten that bites all the kids and throws rocks at them, then grows up to be some sociopath. Nothing parenting can do. He is what he is. I think its funny that you think we dont punish him every time he bites us. He bites us every day, its his game, he gets a punishment of what a big MOM pig would do. Ill let you imagine that....He submits every time, then an hour later, he will challenge again. He hates the punishment but loves the fight more.

I find it funny that you’re so supportive of this woman, responding to everything I posted. Its quite dubious to say the least on whether or not this is even a "woman who works at a hospital"

I will appogize for the alpaca (or however you spell it) comment, as youre right; I dont know anything about them nor care to. So, everyone can disregard my note about them. That wasnt important and out of context and I am sorry for that little note about your Alpaca fur.

Are you Serious?

AUTHOR: BellaBlu - ()

I have bought several pigs from this lady and she has been nothing but outstanding. I also work in a vet office in California that specializes in swine and you don't want to feed your pig more than 12% protein, so an adult pig food would be more appropriate rather than the youth food.  A pig cannot digest that much protein and it just comes out as waste.  I have her booklet she wrote and the feed is meant to be supplemented, with fresh veggies/fruits/yogurts and oats anyways. I don't use the mini pig food because I find even the adult feed is too much when I add all the other supplements.

Many breeders pull their babies way younger than she does and bottle feeds, they actually make more loving piglets in the long run. Most mom pigs reject their babies and feed them only 2-3 times a day after the first few weeks.  It sounds to me like your pig if 8 months old is having issues, it has been allowed to happen for 8 months, did your pig stay with the breeder for 8 months? No, so it's how you are raising your animals. Pigs are very smart it takes one time and they catch on, so if you are not disciplining your pig every single time, you are creating a monster. Do you know that many rescues throughout the country get piglets on a daily basis that are only hours old, they don't turn out aggressive. I don't think the breeder or the pig is the issues, just saying what it looks like to me.

I am not an alpaca customer but I want to add that you are suppose to sheer them once a year or it is deadly to the animals and cause sterile animals (coming from a vet office). This person is ridiculous! All alpaca breeders sheer and sell the fur, that's what you are suppose to do, just like a sheep. Some people just don't have a clue what they are talking about. What is she suppose to do? Sheer them and then waste the fleece by throwing it away, I don't get what your point is.  I dont' think you have much animal experience.

I highly recommend this breeder to everyone, she invites you to her farm and in her home. The babies are interacted with daily and super freindly, each time I have gone she has accomodated my schedule showed me the parents and I went to her baby enclosure to interact with them, they are super freindly. And the enclosure is kept on her porch by her back door so they are safe during the day and night.  The last baby I got I bought at 24 hours old, she sent me pictures of the birth and I put a deposit then I was able to visit until the baby was ready to go at 7 weeks, I see no problems here at all. I only see problems with people who are clueless about raising animals.

One last note, owners cannot remove reviews from business pages, so obviously if you can't see bad reveiws there are none, I would block you too, you sound really uneducated and wanting to blame other people for your short comings.

Psh....selling alpaca fur, duh!