Complaint Review: California Truck Driving Academy

• Updated: Mon, June 30, 2014

• Reported By: DontGoHere — Santa Ana California
California Truck Driving Academy
921 N Poinsettia St, # A Santa Ana, California USA

California Truck Driving Academy Byron Allen, Natalie Machado, California Truck Driving Academy is a scam, rip off, lying, cheating, defrauding taxpayers Santa Ana California

*Author of original report: Settlement

To All,

Please save your money and goes some where else. All the companies out there are going to retrain you anyways. Just get your license in the cheapest way possible.

Please don't go to California Truck Driving Academy. This school is really bad. They told me that I would be finished in about 6 weeks. It took 6 months, they have a really high staff turn over. They would schedule me, and everyone else, 2 hours a day for training instead of the 6 to 8 hours training per day, that they claimed.

California Truck Driving Academy recieves public funding. They rush the students through the program so that they can get their hands on the money. They would push the students to graduate early so that they can get their money, from the EDD retraining program. The students are inadequately trained. Everyone that goes through this program barely knows how to drive a stick. [continued below]....

..... They barely take you out on the street for practical street driving. In my 6 months at this school, I drove 2 hours on the street.

The training is super bad. They would have 6 students in one truck. If you're schedule for 2 hours that day and the the 6th guy in that truck, you're pretty much screwed. You don't get train that day. The worst part is, they will sign student up with a loan and not telling them that they're getting a loan.

They told me that they would get me a TWIC card, a TSA, and a driving permit. They end up telling me to go get it myself. When I asked for reimbursments for them, which I already PAID in my tuition, they bluntly told me that we're not going to give it back to you. When i threaten them with a lawsuit they told me to send in my request.So I sent in my request. 2 weeks gone by, no reimbursements. Finally I called them and this was Byron Allen answer:"Have your attorney send in the request!"

PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2014 06:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/California-Truck-Driving-Academy/Santa-Ana-California/California-Truck-Driving-Academy-Byron-Allen-Natalie-Machado-California-Truck-Driving-1139477. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on California Truck Driving Academy

Settlement

AUTHOR: DontGoHere - ()

To All,

After many months, CTDA decided to settle with me. We are now free and clear.

Thank you for reading.