Complaint Review: Call-One Communications

• Submitted: Mon, August 22, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, August 22, 2005

• Reported By:Florence Alabama
Call-One Communications
1442 E. Lincoln Ave Box 361 Orange, California U.S.A.

Call-One Communications ripoff, thieves Orange California

This comapny called me and told me that I would have 7 days to cancel after I received the information about their company in the mail. It was 2 weeks before I received the information. The day after I received the information I found out that they had withdrawn a fee of 149.90 from my account.

I went home and called the company immediantly. The first man that I spoke to was very rude. It took three phone calls that morning just to get a supervisor on the phone. That day they told me that they were going to cancel the account and would have to send me a check authorization form in the mail. I would then have to fill that form out and mail it back to them and then in 10-14 more business days I should receive my check.

Two weeks later I received the form and mailed it back. I waited 2 more weeks and received nothing so I called again. This time I spoke with a woman who told me to give it another week and I should receive the check. Another week went by and still nothing, so I called again.

This time they told me that they were going to flag my account for investigation and to give it another 2 weeks. Again, I waited 2 weeks and still nothing. So I called again and demanded to speak with a supervisor, his name was Tony. He told me that they were going to flag my account again. Then he explained that upper management has to send the checks and he could not give me a way of contacting them because they were a seperate company and all of Call-One Communications call were simply forwarded to them.

I explained to him that I had been waiting for almost 3 months and I was tired of being patient. He claimed to understand and said he was doing everything that he could. When I told him that I thought it was illegal to not have a way to get in contact with the company he was working for he simply said all he could give me was a P.O. Box.

This company must get a kick out of hurting people and making them work to get their own money back. The company violated their own rules by not allowing me the time to cancel, and then has kept stringing me along on what feels like a wild goose chase to get my own money back that they illegally took from me in the first place. If you ever get a call from these people, just hang up on them.

Amanda
Florence, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2005 09:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Call-One-Communications/Orange-California-92865/Call-One-Communications-ripoff-thieves-Orange-California-154514. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Call-One Communications