Complaint Review: Call One Unlimited - Premiere Movie Pass

• Submitted: Wed, June 29, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, June 29, 2005

• Reported By:Conway Arkansas
Call One Unlimited - Premiere Movie Pass
Orange County, California U.S.A.

Call One Unlimited - Premiere Movie Pass Ripoff, Scam, Fraudulant Activity Orange County California

I was contacted by a Call One representative around the 1st of February concerning a promotion they were having. They explained to me that I could receive $300 in savings on my cellular phone bill, a $200 shopping spree, and a calling card.

Throughout the conversation, I repeatedly asked if here was a catch or some hidden cost. The representative that I spoke with repeatedly said that there was only one fee of $3.95. I wanted to make sure that there wouldn't be any cost that would come out at a later date and he went on to tell me NO.

He then told me to make sure that I cancel my calling card when I received this in the mail. Finally, after the representative assured me that there wouldn't be any extra cost besides the $3.95, I gave in and issued out my bank account number. After I agreed to the $3.95, he then asked me to agree to the terms on an automated recording.

Towards the end of February, I called to check my account balance and I was in the negative over $400 dollars. I went my Bank and they said that Call One had withdrawn $149.00 from my account. I have been calling this company daily to ask about my funds and every time I call, they continuously tell me to wait 7-10 business days. In the middle of April, I was supposed to receive my check from this company and they said that it had to go under investigation on why I hadn't received it yet. They make up a different excuse every time I call.

In April, I called to check my account balance and I noticed that I had a fee taken out for $19.95. The Bank said that a company called Premiere Movie Pass had taken this out of my account. I called Call One and they said Premiere was a different program but they were all under one program. These are the fees that were taken out of my account by Call One:

♦$3.95-February 4, 2005
♦$3.95-February 4, 2005
♦$119.90-February 22, 2005
♦$149.90-February 22, 2005
♦$19.95-March 16, 2005
♦$19.95-April 13, 2005.

This company has been giving me the run-around on this issue for months. Not only would I like my monies to be reimbursed, but I would also like for them to reimburse my Bank for the overdraft charges they forgave on dealing with me on this issue. I have requested to speak with the corporate office on numerous occasions but they refuse to connect me or give me a contact number-leaving me no other choice but to seek other avenues for assistance.

This is a big-time scam. Here it at the end of June and I havent received my refund nor any benefits from this company. They lack business ethics and professionalism. I am very upset from this whole ordeal and think that justice should be served.

Conway, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2005 10:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Call-One-Unlimited-Premiere-Movie-Pass/Orange-County-California/Call-One-Unlimited-Premiere-Movie-Pass-Ripoff-Scam-Fraudulant-Activity-Orange-County-C-147914. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Call One Unlimited - Premiere Movie Pass