Complaint Review: CallWave

• Updated: Tue, October 13, 2009

• Reported By: Shelly — Minneapolis Minnesota USA
CallWave
PO Box 609 Santa Barbara, California United States of America

CallWave is billing us for services we never signed up for, and I suspect the info they use came from a change of address order. Santa Barbara, California

We are being billed for "CallWave Connect Charges" for May, June, and September (but not July and August!)  After contacting customer service through their website to say that we were not a CallWave customer, I was told our account was "cancelled at our request" (the account that never existed and which I did not request to be cancelled).  The e-mail explanation for why we were receiving a bill did not address any of my questions.

The bills come to our address with a nickname in quotation marks as the adressee (such as CallWave Customer "Cusmaan") and a reference to a phone number which is not ours, but belongs to a family member who moved in with us and changed her address to our address.  The nickname being used to address the bill is in no way close to any of our names.  Also, it has changed as I have tried to stop the bills from coming.  (As I complain, the nickname on the bill changes.)  All other details remain the same.  The phone number belongs to an 83-year-old who has no need for or understanding of high-tech communications, and would not have signed up for their services even accidentally, as my husband handles all of her affairs.

They don't answer their phone; 411 information has no phone numbers for them at any of their addresses.  The CallWave website has no additional contact information that can be verified.

I filed a mail fraud report today with the Postal Inspector.  I encourage any action such as this one, and will be taking some of your suggestions also, such as to call the Attorney General for my state.  The amount of money they are billing me for is not large, but is a symptom of a huge scam, I think.  Interestingly, the amount of money I'm being billed for is exactly the same as for someone else who filed a report - $23.85.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2009 11:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CallWave/Santa-Barbara-California-93102-0609/CallWave-is-billing-us-for-services-we-never-signed-up-for-and-I-suspect-the-info-they-u-508542. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CallWave