Complaint Review: Calvalry Portfolio Services

• Submitted: Tue, April 14, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, April 14, 2009

• Reported By:staten island New York
Calvalry Portfolio Services
PO Box 1017 Hawthorne, New York U.S.A.

Calvalry Portfolio Services April 4th 2007 I paid off my colletion dept of $140 and still to this day April 14th 2009 it was never cleared from my credit report Hawthorne New York

*Consumer Comment: A VALID DEFAULTED ACCOUNT STAYS ON CREDIT REPORT FOR AT LEAST 7 YEARS.

Febuary 19 2005 I had bought a sprint phone for 135.92. My montly payments were supposed to be $80 to $90 a month. I couldnt keep up with the payment because at the time I had loast my job. sSo me being young and naieve I decided not to pay them at all. Little did I know that years down the line it would mess up my credit. August 9th 2007 I recieved a letter from Cavalry Portfolio stating that I had a past due payment of $457.00 and they were willing to let me make diffrent types of settlement payments. I still disreguarded the letters and paid no mind into it.

January 18th 2008 i recieved another letter from Cavalry Portfolio stating that I could clear this payment of 467.43 for 1 low payment of $139.43. And on April 7th 2008 I made a payment with Cavalry Portfolio of $139.76. It is now a year later and I find out that it was never cleared from my credit report and now they are being reported as a ripoff company. If someone can help me with any advice or any information to help me please contact me.

Angelique
staten island, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2009 12:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Calvalry-Portfolio-Services/Hawthorne-New-York-10532/Calvalry-Portfolio-Services-April-4th-2007-I-paid-off-my-colletion-dept-of-140-and-still-443449. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Calvalry Portfolio Services

No collection agency can remove that from your credit reports.

The only thing they can remove is any postings that were in error that they themselves posted.