Complaint Review: Calvary Portfolio, Mitsubichi Motors

• Submitted: Sun, July 13, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, July 14, 2008

• Reported By:Bossier City Louisiana
Calvary Portfolio, Mitsubichi Motors
Calvary Portfolio sevices Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Calvary Portfolio, Mitsubichi Motors I paid off a debt in August of 2005, and it had been turned over again 5 times. Phoenix Arizona

*Consumer Suggestion: Robert, you have several options here.

*Author of original report: update

To Whom it may concern,

I am a military member stationed in Korea away from my wife and 30 month old son. I've been here 11 months, had to do a year. Anyway I paid off a debt way back on August 11, 2005, and have a receipt to prove it. I've faxed it to Calvary Portfolio and Mitsubishi motors, but I have been turned over yet again. I am in the process of purchasing a new vehicle.

In March when my credit union first started my loan application they noticed that Calvary Portfolio had looked at it, but had not done anything yet. When they looked this week to finalize my application they had opened a collection on it, my interest rate went from 8% to 18%!!! What do I have to do to prove to these idiots that I dont owe them anything?

I've even had a lawyer from back home send them the letter. I am getting a military lawyer Wednesday. They do not even have an email address, all I can do is call. This is the fifth time I've been turned over to collections for a debt that has been paid off!! I've sent the letter to Mitsubishi motors three times already!!

I only have two weeks left in country, then I have 14 days to sell my house in Louisiana, pick up the truck I bought, and get settled into my next duty station in Colorado Springs. Please, please give me any help you can. I did not want to sue Mitsubishi motors, or Calvary Portfolio, but I now know I have no choice. I don't have time to be wasting for court and all that.
Thanks

Robert l. templet jr.
Bossier City, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2008 11:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Calvary-Portfolio-Mitsubichi-Motors/Phoenix-Arizona/Calvary-Portfolio-Mitsubichi-Motors-I-paid-off-a-debt-in-August-of-2005-and-it-had-been-350879. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Calvary Portfolio, Mitsubichi Motors

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Robert, you have several options here.

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Robert,

Keeping in mind that paying off a collection account will NOT remove it from your credit report. It will show as a "paid collection".

You said you paid off the debt, but did not specify if you paid them, or a different bottomfeeder, or the original creditor. This is very important.

You are entitled to damages caused for inaccurate reporting, and/or illegal collections practices. These are spelled out under the FDCPA and the FCRA.

You NEED to get a lawyer ASAP who specializes in collections law. You should get an NACA affiliated lawyer. You can get a referral for one of these from the NACA website, or from budhibbs.com website.

Filing a lawsuit on them will be the only thing that works.

These are "junk debt buyers" aka: "bottomfeeders" and will never give up until they get paid. They have no concern over fixing your issue. They are NOT "customer service". They just want your money and will try to get it by any means possible.

Good luck!

update

AUTHOR: Robert L. Templet jr. - (U.S.A.)

sorry, had the wrong address here is the correct one. Calvary Portfolio P.O. Box 27288 Tempe, AZ 85285