Complaint Review: Calvary Portfolio - Newman, Matthis, Brady & Spedale

• Submitted: Fri, April 03, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, April 03, 2009

• Reported By:Marrero Louisiana
Calvary Portfolio - Newman, Matthis, Brady & Spedale
212 Veterans Blvd. Metairie, Louisiana U.S.A.

Calvary Portfolio - Newman, Matthis, Brady & Spedale Money Hungry, UnGodly Indivisuals Metairie Louisiana

My frustration started in 2007. My father passed away in 2005, I did the succession in 2006 after Hurricane Katrina. One day in 2007 I recieved a letter from the attorney office Newman, Matthis, Brady and Spedale stating they had a judgment against my father. I called the office to let them know he was deceased and find out what that was about. The lady said I had to send death certficate and succession paper to prove who I was so she can discus the case. I immediately fax her the paper work and that is when the nightmare started. They started writing to tell me they were going to add me to the judgment. We went to court and that is just what happe. I could not afford an Attorney and went along the wrong thing to do they just made an example out of me. They added me to the judgment because the Judge said that the 2003 Judgment should have been taking care of in the succession. I tried to explain to the Judge I was not aware of the Judgment until after I had did the succession to be exact a whole year later. My father did not leave not money he was on Social Security. All I have is a home in which I paid for myself but my father name was on it, so I guest I was suppose to take my family and live on the streets to pay for this vehicle. Five months later I get the letter from the Attorney again of the break down of what I owe.$8,744.00(Principal) $12,556.00(Interest) $3,972(Attorney Fees) $1,311(Court Costs) $-68.00(Credits) $26,515(Balance Due)

This is for a 1997 Ford Aerostar Van that was repossessed in 2001 that I did not sign for, never owned and it is most likely in the bottom of the Mississippi River since Hurrican Katrina. They sent me another letter asking if I dispute it write to them within 30 days and they will give me the name of the original creditors. I looked on the other papers that they sent to me that was for my father and the original creditors was Cavalry Portfolio. These are money hungry creditors they are still putting interest on a dead man. They really think my father must have left me millions of dollars I just had enought to bury him those little insurance policies that my mother had taken out on him. I could go and buy a brand new car for that amount. Even new cars depreciate when you drive off the lot this one did the opposite and it is no where worth that amount of money. Some one need to change that law I don't understand why a person has to pay for the debts of the decease. I would not have a problem with this if I had the vehicle but this vehicle has been for 8 years and they are still trying to get paid. This is a headache, I don't know what their next move is, to garnish my wages or to put on lien on my property. What ever it maybe it will take me a long time to pay this judgment I don't even make close to that amount a year.

Wrongfullyaccused
Marrero, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2009 05:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Calvary-Portfolio-Newman-Matthis-Brady-Spedale/Metairie-Louisiana-70005/Calvary-Portfolio-Newman-Matthis-Brady-Spedale-Money-Hungry-UnGodly-Indivisuals-Met-440647. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Calvary Portfolio - Newman, Matthis, Brady & Spedale