Complaint Review: Calvary Portfolio Services and Sprint

Calvary Portfolio Services and Sprint

Calvary Portfolio Services and Sprint Outstanding Balance My @#$!! Internet

*Author of original report: Thanx

*Consumer Comment: Info for you

I received a letter from Calvary a few days ago saying they bought this account from Sprint and that I owe $161.52.  I haven't been a sprint customer for at least 5 years and I paid my account in full before I closed it.  So, my first question is....WTF?!  Second, Why am I just hearing about this now.....5 years later?  Now I see this on my credit report as a "potentially negative".  Which helps explain why I've had such a hard time getting a car loan lately.  Next I called Calvary, and a young lady wanted to verify who I am by the last 4 of my social.  So she called out 4 digits that are not my social.  But she new my last three addresses and my phone number.  How can this be on my credit report?  She couldn't answer that as well.  (I did not give her my social # by the way)
  I disputed the account on Experian and Transunion.  I also told the young lady at Calvary that I will file with the BBB and she said she would label the account as being disputed.
  Not sure what step to take next.  Its not a lot of money, but I refuse to pay it because it's not my debt.
What do you all think?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2010 09:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Calvary-Portfolio-Services-and-Sprint/internet/Calvary-Portfolio-Services-and-Sprint-Outstanding-Balance-My-Internet-567119. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Calvary Portfolio Services and Sprint

Thanx

AUTHOR: Sam - (USA)

Thanks for the info Bud

Info for you

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

from www.budhibbs.com

Saint Paul, MN 55102-1187
Phone: (651) 287-2980
Toll Free: (800) 322-3323
Fax: (651) 287-2877

CAN THE AVERAGE CONSUMER WIN?  Oh Yeah...

Bud Says                         Consumer Comments Below

There are not enough names to call this organization. Keep both hands on your wallet and watch your credit reports. These AZ & NY scavengers/bottom feeders/debt collectors will pick you clean and come back for more. Major FDCPA violators. If you are having a problem with them or their debt collectors, let the owners know about it. Contact: Alfred Brothers, Exec VP  888-473-3581

CAUTION: I recommend you NEVER disclose your bank account or credit card information to a debt collector, as you risk them emptying your account, or maxing out your credit card. If you feel they are reporting on your credit bureau files in error or need assistance in dealing with them, email  the details w/your location.  Assistance and referral to a consumer legal specialist may be available.

Email for Assistance