Complaint Review: Calvary Portfolio Services

• Updated: Fri, August 10, 2012

• Reported By: danasfriend — anonymous United States of America
Calvary Portfolio Services
500 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400 Valhalla, New York United States of America

Calvary Portfolio Services This company does not offer portfolio services, they are a debt collection agency. Valhalla, New York

Cavalry Portfolio Services contacted me by phone claiming that I owed them over $1,000 from on a vehicle that I never purchased. They attempted to obtain my full social security number along with other confidential information, but I refused to provide it. Instead I asked that they read off the social security number they had on file, and of course it was incorrect. The date of birth they provided was also incorrect. When I asked for them to provide the credit report that they were viewing, I was told they would fax it, but it never came.  I have strong suspicions that this company is illegitimate. I was told that I would not be contacted again, and I sincerely hope that this is true. If you have received a call from them, do not give them any information. According to the FTC you have the right to obtain proof from the collection company (i.e. a contract with your signature, a credit report they are viewing, or info regarding where the original debt came from).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2012 02:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Calvary-Portfolio-Services/Valhalla-New-York-10595/Calvary-Portfolio-Services-This-company-does-not-offer-portfolio-services-they-are-a-deb-925523. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Calvary Portfolio Services