Complaint Review: Calvary Portfolio/Blitt And Gaines, PC

• Submitted: Tue, February 14, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, August 25, 2009

• Reported By:Lemont Illinois
Calvary Portfolio/Blitt And Gaines, PC
Blitt And Gaines, P.C. 318 W Adams Street Chicago IL 60606 Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

Calvary Portfolio Blitt And Gaines, PC ripoff harrassment fraud Calvary In New York And Blitt Gaines In Chicago Illinois

* : Blitt and Gaines are all over the internet, Fdcpa violations

I had credit card fraud and tried to work with Advanta card. They sold the account to Calvary Portfolio. I tried to settle what I owed three years ago with the law firm they had hired in Chicago. The attorney informed me the case was closed. Three years later I was summoned to court for the same case with an interest added of $19,000 and a new law firm. I tried to reach Advanta and Calvary and left over 20 messages. Blitt and Gaines, the newest law firm finally called and informed me that Calvary would not work with me and wanted the full amount in 2 weeks time. I went to court and they never showed. The judge threw out the case.

2 months later I received a letter saying they want the full amount with all the interest.

I had over 10 credit cards of fraud three years ago and everyone worked with me and settled. I sold everything I had to clear up my credit and pay off what I truly owed. Blit and Gaines keeps calling everyday with threats. I offered to pay only what I owe in installments because that is all I can do and they refused.

Pamela
Lemont, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2006 07:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Calvary-PortfolioBlitt-And-Gaines-PC/Chicago-Illinois-60606/Calvary-Portfolio-Blitt-And-Gaines-PC-ripoff-harrassment-fraud-Calvary-In-New-York-And-Bl-176177. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Calvary Portfolio/Blitt And Gaines, PC

#1

Blitt and Gaines are all over the internet, Fdcpa violations

AUTHOR: Justice once and for all - (U.S.A.)

Anyone negotiationg a settlement w/this co. beware.  They are all over the internet, and have/had three suits against them in 2008, per the Attny Genrl of Illinois.

In a thread on another consumer oriented website they made a so called settlement, and sent a letter back stating that for litigation purposes with their co. this acct had been paid.

They did not acknowledge that the amount was accepted as paid in full.  The letter ended in "this is an attempt at collecting a debt, any information obtained, will be used to do so" the standard warning required for a dunning letter.

This is the lowest of all tricks by collection agencies and attorneys, the most unscrupolos.  The agreement to settle a debt either verbally, or by other means to trick the person, but the debtor must get a letter from whomever is receiving the monies to acknowledge the amount is being accepted as payment in full.  Anyone dealing with this company should contact legal aid, if qualified, or do research, as I was shocked at the tactics they have used in the past and contiune to seeming get away with.