Complaint Review: Calypso Cay Resorts, Florida

• Submitted: Wed, September 17, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, December 11, 2008

• Reported By:Bega Other
Calypso Cay Resorts, Florida
292/A Vineland Road, Kissimmee, Florida. 34746 Kissimmee, Georgia U.S.A.
  • Phone: 1800 092368
  • Web:
  • Category: Resorts

Calypso Cay Resorts, Florida; Representative Leon Stafford After paying $739US as holding deposit, I cannot contact Company by phone or email to cancel this holiday under Section 559.9333. Kissimmee Georgia

*Author of original report: Calypso Cay Resort, Kissimmee Florida

Re: Calypso Cay Resort.

I received a phone call offering me a holiday for $598AUS. This included 5 nights at Olando, Florida, 2 nights Daytona Beach, Florida and 2 nights Cruise on Imperial Majesty in the Bahamas. The resorts included accommodation and breakfast and the cruise was all inclusive.
I said I couldn't commit to this holiday without speaking with my husband first.

Leon (their Representative) said I should pay straight away to hold this offer otherwise I'd miss this opportunity.

He also stated should my husband and myself decide to cancel we will have a full refund if we let them know in WRITING within thirty days and also return the promotional package.

My concern is the two telephone numbers he gave me for customer service are incorrect. I get a recorded message 'to please check the number and try again'.

My other concern is that I am getting RETURNED MAIL from the two customer service email addresses I was given SO my advice to them in writing isn't being received.

18th Sept, 2008 Australian EST. I have this morning posted BY AIRMAIL EXPRESS POST all my returned emails & Australia Post receipts to the address I have for Calypso Cay with another request for refund under Section 559.9333 of Florida State Law.

I will be contacting our local authorities as Australia has a 'cooling down period' also where refunds must be made if their is a change of mind.

I will update this if I get a good result. I have my doubts as others on this site have had the same problem with this Company.

Fay, nsw
Bega
Australia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2008 06:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Calypso-Cay-Resorts-Florida/Kissimmee-Georgia-34746/Calypso-Cay-Resorts-Florida-Representative-Leon-Stafford-After-paying-739US-as-holding-373964. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Calypso Cay Resorts, Florida

Calypso Cay Resort, Kissimmee Florida

AUTHOR: Fay, nsw - (U.S.A.)

I have a successful update of the above Ripoff Report. As I initially said in my report "I couldn't make contact either by phone or email addresses given by the phone promotion." When the promotional package arrived, we viewed the disc and thought 'This holiday is not for us. It is too 'glitzy' for semi-retired farming people like us. When I couldn't make contact to cancel with info given, I looked up Calypso Cay Resorts and accidently found this Ripoff Site. I panicked when I saw others experiencing the same problem. When the contacts didn't work that were given to me on the 'sales pitch' phone call I decided to contact Calypso Cay Resorts through their reservation site. I finally got someone to email me back. It was then I plaqued her with my complaints and requesting a refund and to accept this email as my cancellation within the 30 days. She said this could not be done as it had to be in WRITING. I was running out of time so I wrote a cancellation letter and advised them that I had already returned the promotional package and paid for the return myself. I copied all Postal receipts and their RETURNED emails from their ficticious email addresses and SENT IT ALL REGISTERED MAIL to her. I threatened to advise 60 Minutes USA and Australia of this scam if I didn''t get my money back. This package cost $40AUS and was well worth it as I could track it until the time they revieved it on the internet. I got the money back except for the postal expenses (Which I requested) about a month later cr. to my account. I have since changed my cr. card no. and details and will NEVER be tempted to purchase another thing over the phone. I hope someone else can get their money back within the 30 days by using this method of contact. Fay. Bega. NSW.AUS