Complaint Review: Calypso Cay Resorts

• Submitted: Wed, April 23, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, April 23, 2008

• Reported By:london Other
Calypso Cay Resorts
4951 Calypso Cay Resorts Kissimee, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 407-997 1732
  • Web:
  • Category: Resorts

Calypso Cay Too good to be true? thats cos it aint Kissimee Florida

I received a call saying I had one a free holiday and to press nine to continue. this I did and a lady with bad fake american accent came on. she told me that I must have stayed at one of theri resorts and my contact details were taken from there. since I was on holiday a few weeks ago I assumed that were they got it from. so I was told that I have been given an offer that I get 90% off a holiday that would have cost 4000. I would only pay 399 for four people to stay seven days in Florida and 6 days in the Bahamas. When I asked what the catch was I was told that I would be told by her supervisor. the supervisor came on, a man this time with a better fake american accent. He repeated the same information with faked enthusiasm only this time he told me that the holiday would have cost me 6000 not 4000 like his colleague said. By then I was suspiciuos and the more questions I asked the more he started to stammer and have to repeat himself. he then told me to give my card details to confirm my booking only. I refused telling him to send me the information and I will see if I want to go ahead. He then said why dont I pay half now and then the rest later after I receive the confirmation. Thats when I realised that he had not asked for any payment until I had refused to give him my card details. I went to check out the company on the internet and came across this website. The numbers on the website dont work. if you send them an email there is an auto response with anothe number that does not work. These guys are fake.Sorry to hear about the lady from Australia I am very glad that I did not fall for it. So guys you receive a call like that ask questions and dont be too quick to part with your personal details.

Yvone
london
United Kingdom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2008 10:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Calypso-Cay-Resorts/Kissimee-Florida-34746/Calypso-Cay-Too-good-to-be-true-thats-cos-it-aint-Kissimee-Florida-328320. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Calypso Cay Resorts