• Report: #1062026

• Updated: Tue, June 25, 2013

• Reported By: Stephanie — Cambridge Ontario
Cambridge Once Upon a child
Hespeler road Cambridge, Ontario Canada

Once upon a child High pricing, poor quality items, rude owner Cambridge Ontario

I was so excited when our family of 4 moved to Cambridge and discovered there was a Once Upon a Child here. That excitement didn't last long. Upon my first visit I realized many of the items were torn, or stained. And that the prices were unbelievably higher than some other locations I had been to. I decided to try and sell some items a few months later, assuming that since their prices were higher I would recieve more for my items. That was a completely wrong assumption, not only did I not get more, I got extremely less than I did at other stores. The markup on their items is more than anywhere I've seen. They wanted to offer me $6.00 for a snowsuit they were going to sell for $45.00. It was not worth my time to go there. That experience isn't what upset me most though. Upon one ocassion of shopping with my children I heard who I assume to be the owner, calling my children little brats while they played in the play area. The children were being somewhat loud but nothing outrageous, and he must have thought I was at the back of the store. He started saying things about how people these days don't watch their kids and a whole lot of disrespectful nonsense. Safe to say I threw down my items and left without purchasing anything. Of course on my way out the man told me to have a nice day and take care.. But it was completely fake. He was probably just happy to see my children leave. I have since discovered the once upon a child in kitchener and am much happier there. They take most of my items, and always have top quality stuff on the racks. And best of all no one calls my children little brats. Believe me its worth the extra 15 minute drive to kitchener.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2013 02:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cambridge-Once-Upon-a-child/Cambridge-Ontario/Once-upon-a-child-High-pricing-poor-quality-items-rude-owner-Cambridge-Ontario-1062026. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cambridge Once Upon a child